x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Yea!! It's back, and it works perfectly !!!

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Is this my week or what?

First the $60 TFT monitor. Then today at Radio Shack I scoop PCI G wireless cards for $10/each, AND a MIMO G router for $25. Earlier in the week I bagged a 4mp Fuji camera with a 256mb XDcard for $75 from Radio Shack. (Actually it's now called The Source and they have a warehouse blowout every Christmas. I live almost beside the Canadian warehouse, lucky me )

So now my desktop is wireless, (lol, it got moved upstairs and now it's no more than 8 feet from where I use my 6651. In fact, I could sit at the desktop and watch TV just as easily but I prefer the 6651. Go figure.)

I get a knock at the door after dinner. We're having a wicked snowstorm and I wonder who's stupid enough to be out in it.

Lo and behold, it's my second 6651. Well, no, it wasn't the 6651 that knocked on the door, but another friend who earlier said "let me have a look at it." He didn't say (wouldn't say) exactly what he had to do to fix it, but he said I owed hIm a BIG future favour. Hey, fine by me. Unless he wants to borrow my then girlfriend I'm fine with that.

Some weeks it all comes together, other weeks it's all in the toilet. I'll take the former please.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving (belated) to all my American friends. I hope you and your family enjoyed it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 1:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey!!!!! why cant he tell what was the fix??? i want to know!!!

and my wlan router was 50$
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 1:48 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ya, me too. I bet it was a tiny rinky dinky little no brainer fix that my other friend missed. But the fixer wants to let on he sweat big bullets to get it running so I owe him bigtime.

Hey, I could care less if it was a 2 second or day day fix. It works, it's back in my fleet and I'm thrilled about it. There was something weird about owning a beautiful 6651 that didn't work. It didn't seem right.

A few years ago I loaned a vintage HiWatt head to a musician friend. He brought it back swearing ti didn't work. I parked and forgot about it. When I got around to fixing it all I had to solder was a power lead to an obvious location. Took 2 minutes. My 6651 was probably something similar.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 1:58 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-11-25 7:48 AM

Hey, I could care less if it was a 2 second or day day fix. It works, it's back in my fleet and I'm thrilled about it.

i envy you so much!
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 3:09 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2005-11-25 12:58 AM

wallythacker - 2005-11-25 7:48 AM

Hey, I could care less if it was a 2 second or day day fix. It works, it's back in my fleet and I'm thrilled about it.

i envy you so much!

Guess how do i feel, knowing than a few months ago, before it got broken, i was the first in wally's buy queue for THAT 6651
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28