x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What are good graphics programs for handhelds?

quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 8:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have two PC handhelds: a Hitachi eplate with Windows CE 2.11, HPC pro, sh4 processor and a NEC MobilePro 790 with Windows CE 3.0, HP 2000, MIPs. What are good graphics programs for either of these handhelds?

I already have UltraGraphics installed on both. But the developer did not come out with many plug-ins. I am interested in image editing, graphic file compression, resize options, and graphics files conversion especially from JPEG or BMP to 2BP formats. I also want slideshow capability.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-25 12:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

For extremely basic image editing, there is Microsoft Pocket Paint. I believe you can import images in a slide show in a third party Pocket PowerPoint Editor. Check http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/ for location...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 3:07 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Maybe you can search for conduits pocket artist app.

www.conduits.com
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 9:55 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I already have the PocketPaint, it still doesn't do what I want to do. But thanks for the suggestion.

I've also tried the Conduits - Pocket Artist, which does work on the Hitachi sh4 processor. However the trial version doesn't let you save an image file. Therefore, I don't know if it can convert an image into different formats.

Also Pocket Artist costs $49.99, which is bit pricey for my budget.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 11:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I believe there is a trial...
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 12:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I did the Pocket Artist trial - but the trial version doesn't allow you to save images, so you can't see if you can save the image into different formats.
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 3:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If the image fits, do a screen capture. That should give you a BMP that you can then open in another application for saving as jpeg.
 Top of the page
chasmanor
chasmanor Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 9:45 AM
#
Pocket Artist does save in different formats. As I just posted on another thread, it is like having PhotoShop on my Jornada. Not cheap but a great program! I also got Pocket Slides. Lots better than Pocket Power Point. Also, Slides will edit existing Power Point presentations.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Have you looked at

Resco Photo Viewer

http://www.resco.net/windowsce/photoviewer/indepth.asp
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 7:18 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Pocket Artist is good because it has a SH4 cab file and it will go on all my devices. But the price is steep - $49.95. Not this year.

Conduits is a very expensive company. I also did the trial of Pocket Slides - but the problem there is no SH4 (if I remember correctly) and it converts your file into another format. Plus it did not look as good on the screen of my PocketPC as Clearview Presentation does.

As for Resco, I have a trial for that on my PocketPC. I like it - but I have a freeware PQview which does almost the same things. Plus, I could not find with the Resco - a SH4 version. And does it work on HP2000 MIPs. That one is $35. And I don't know if it's worth it if it's just going to be for my PocketPC.

But thanks for the information, everyone.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-29 10:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Plus, Pocket Slides is only compatible with HPC2000 and up...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 10