x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IR transfer between MP 780 and J680e?

Funnyman2002 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is it possible to create a connection with irda between these two devices, i want to transfer some files from my jornada 680e to the mobilepro, and i cant do it any other way right now because i have no sync cable, and none of my working PCs have irda. Or is it possible to connect to a desktop PC's with it's modem and the mp's modem
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 4:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I know you can. Okay, if you select the file you want on the sending H/PC in Windows Explorer. Click file, send to, infrared recipient. On the recieving H/PC, go to Windows Explorer, click file, recieve.
Hope this somehow helps.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think you need to set the receiving device first. after that you can start sending the file.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-26 5:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex is correct. (most likely )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 2:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Actually, it works either way, as long as you don't wait too long to tap "Receive" on the receiving device. (I've done it many times.)

What I don't understand, though, is why in CE (including Pocket PC) you have to tell receiving devices to receive IR transmissions. The Palm OS way (tap "Beam" on the sending device, and then the receiving device asks you if you want to accept it) seems more logical.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-11-27 2:43 AM
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 9:21 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2005-11-27 2:41 AM

What I don't understand, though, is why in CE (including Pocket PC) you have to tell receiving devices to receive IR transmissions. The Palm OS way (tap "Beam" on the sending device, and then the receiving device asks you if you want to accept it) seems more logical.

Probably because constant polling of the IR port for incoming transmissions will slow down the device. Don't know enough about CE hardware architecture to know if the IR port I/O is interrupt driven or simple polled I/O, but I suspect the latter.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 5:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-11-27 8:41 AM

Actually, it works either way, as long as you don't wait too long to tap "Receive" on the receiving device. (I've done it many times.)

well it never worked for me, maybe because i don't want to hurry too incomfortably.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 6:36 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I already told you that the word is uncomfortably. No in!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-27 7:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why am i visiting this site at all?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 13