x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 screen calibration problems

1 2
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Like i told before, that was exactly the same problem i was suffering. press it to a working position, then stuff the empty space between it and the assembly with paper, and then close it and cross your fingers. mine has worked like a charm since then.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 11:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You don't worry about the paper catching fire?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

i don't see why should it catch fire, as it's not in contact with any metal piece, it only pushes the plastic part of the ribbon connector
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-02 5:47 AM

You don't worry about the paper catching fire?

oh i sure would worry about that!
i worry even about glue (oh it is a long story about one of my jornadas.. it has glue inside now.. to glue some clips back.. but fortunately no damage)
 Top of the page
gobug
gobug Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 7:51 AM
#
I saw the thread on 680 screen calibration problems. I have the same thing on my 690. I've tried recalibrating, soft reset and hard reset, but once I recalibrate the accuracy only lasts a minute or two. I could not find the first part of your reply. What do you open, and where do you place the paper inside of the Jornada to fix this problem. If you can fix this problem for me, my worthless 690 will be useable again. Please help. Thank you!
 Top of the page
arjnoro
arjnoro Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 4:01 AM
#
mine has the same prob. when i open the jornada up to 180 degrees works fine. im opening mine
tomorrow
 Top of the page
arjnoro
arjnoro Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 12:24 PM
#
i opened mine just a minutes ago , and I tell you I am no newbbie to this and it was scary. I felt
like I was opening a ipaq. everything moves along with another part so be very careful if you
are going to open your j680. the hinge part is the toughest. The ribbon that holds the led in
the middle of the display is not glued and is turned like 90 degrees and it sits on top
of the screw so be careful not to perforate a hole with the screw when put it in back on.
I would like toknow where exactly to they put paper on. On the hinge? right where the ribbon
cable foils? or on the led bend? or on the main board? another thing is that I tried to
open the bottom half but there is something holding it down. I unscrewed the one below the
battery sticker and nothing. To my relief I assembled my j680 and still works but have to have
it open almost 180 degrees or it wont work, the sensor screen will go crazy. there is a guy
called maxtron from Mexico also who seems to know a lot about opening this things.
I have opened many things before but I tell you this is a tough one. I would hate to mess
with the three ribbons insi
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-01-26 1:27 PM
#
arjnoro - 2006-01-26 12:24 PM

another thing is that I tried to
open the bottom half but there is something holding it down. I unscrewed the one below the
battery sticker and nothing.

There is still a screw below the large HP sticker on the bottom half of the J680.
It is better to detach the sticker from the outside inwards; if you are careful, you can easily make it stick again quite well.

BrianD
 Top of the page
RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 11:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes, the screw hidden by the sticker can be felt for quite easily if you press hard enough. If you don't mind a hole in the middle of it, just push through with the screwdriver. It holds the modem in place with a sort of piggy back idea. First time I opened mine, the modem came with it.

As far as putting paper into the Jornada, I say there's no problem. I've used mine for a few hours on end without it even getting the least bit warm so all will be good.

Funny thing happened to mine two weeks ago. Screen just up and died as far as video output was concerned (had backlight, no picture). Opened it up and seems to work fine again... No visible cable problems.

Another big issue I had with my Jornada not starting up was a software bug. I think it has to do with the HP Backup software or somesuch. There are patches for the various software programs on HP's website, I'd reccomend getting them.

My biggest problem with the screen is if I use it too lightly, it jumps all over the place (you should see the stuff I get in Inkwriter). I assume it's because part of the touch screen has been pushed on too hard, but who knows.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 11:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you're more lucky than me then. i bought a dead j720 whose backlight is still working but disassembling didnt help with the video output again no visible cable problems here

ah, screen, my j728 must be unique as it only needs the lightest touch to respond correctly my j720 isn't this good. (the upgrade to j728 didnt change this)
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 8:57 AM
#
I wasn't use Jornada680 to draw in paint program, but I discovered that if I press the stilus most hard in screen the draw are perfect. Its a sensitive problem
 Top of the page
N
N Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 9:05 PM
#
I think I have the same problem. Could someone please give some simple instructions for how to get to the screen cables without damaging anything? I have no clue where to start... the screws don't even look normal, they are like stars.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 9:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

N - 2006-01-31 3:05 AM

I think I have the same problem. Could someone please give some simple instructions for how to get to the screen cables without damaging anything? I have no clue where to start... the screws don't even look normal, they are like stars.

if you're this unsure even about the screws, do not even attempt disassembling!
(just my humble opinion! this can easily be applied to myself )
so my advice is to take the device to some friend who's more experienced or to a pda / laptop service center. even if they never saw a hpc before they should be able to do the job. (my experience again)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wasn't someone working on a repair video for the j series?
 Top of the page
N
N Page Icon Posted 2006-01-30 10:37 PM
#
Well, I've taken things apart before. I know how to solder and basic things... but I have a tendency to get anxious, and speed through it without paying attention. From experience, you have to be confident with small devices such as this... so I was hoping for some more clues about where the lcd->mainboard connector is, and how to get to the cables.

As for the screws... well they aren't phillips or straight, so I just need to find some star tool.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 13