x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sandisk wifi cards....

Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 9:20 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, good afternoon.

How about these cards, SanDisk WiFi SD Card Sandisk Model SDWSDB-000 for example, will they work on the bSquare? they are very cheap on internet now....I´ll ask also to the Tech People of Sandisk to see what they say but if anyone of you can try any Sandisk card on his PHH, would be highly appreciated thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 11:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm, i'll look at the drivers. but without having the card physically it won't be a final verdict. except if i can get their config utility to run.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 1:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex, This is a great oppurtunity to start your new BSQUARE PHH HCL...
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 4:42 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

HI, good morning.

Well, after receive the email from Sandisk Tech support....I´m quite dissapointed.
They dont get me out of my doubts about these wifi cards of them, in fact they didnt say anything I didnt know already, these people are really lazy.....here goes the email I received, enjoy

Hi, good morning. I'm thinking of buying this model of wifi card, SanDisk WiFi SD Card Sandisk Model SDWSDB-000, and I'd like to know if it will be compatible with my handheld device. My PDA runs Windows CE 4.1, same than Windows CE.net. If you can tell me if it is going to work on it, I'd really appreciate it. Many thanks for your help and time. Kind regards, Juan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SanDisk Response:
Hello Juan,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support, and for your recent inquiry into our product line.

We do appologize but, unfortunately, your PDA is not listed on our SanDisk SD Wi-Fi compatibility charts as being compatible with this product. This means that SanDisk has either tested the card with your product and have found it to be incompatibile, or that SanDisk has not tested our card with your product and, thusly, CANNOT GUARANTEE its successful functionality.

Please refer to the link below to our compatibiliy list for more information:

http://www.sandisk.com/pdf/retail/wi-fi-sd-compatibility.pdf

As an an FYI, in order for our SD Wi-Fi cards to work on a device, it must have PPC2002/2003 (there is no driver for PPC 2003 SE, though the PPC 2003 driver SHOULD work, and PPC 2003 Phone Edition is not supported at all), and it must be SDIO capable. If it follows these requirments, then it SHOULD work, but would not be considered supported.

Also as an FYI, the entire SanDisk Wi-Fi line has been discontinued due to a lack of market demand (most products manufactured today come with intergrated Wi-Fi), and no new Wi-Fi products will be produced by SanDisk. There will be no replacement products made. There will be no new drivers or driver updates made. There will be no further product compatiblity testings done.

Further-more, SanDisk does have no more Wi-Fi product in our own stockholds, which means; the only SanDisk Wi-Fi products to be found, are those still left in general circulation.

Should you have any further inquiries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via eMail or telephone at 866-726-3475, option 5, for Wi-Fi technical support.

Best regards,
Craig R.
SanDisk Technical Support
 Top of the page
manuel Page Icon Posted 2005-12-16 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have an ACER n30 with a Sandisk SD 256 Mb+Wi-Fi. Works really fine, not power avid at all.
Acer n 30: v 4.20, CPU :samsung S3C2410, 266 Mb.

Was purchased on a PC store at 99 euros, seven moths ago.

Blue Skies
Manuel
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10