x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Activsync Connectivity

1 2 3
Gizmondo Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

USB
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Have you been running installers to get cabs without a device connected?

I had many AS & Outlook issues, too many too list. Here's what I did.

Reloaded from a Ghost image pre-hpcs of any type. (You may be able to roll back to a restore point pre-hpcs and not hose too much.)

Installed AS 3.8, Outlook 2k and rebooted after each. I expected failure but my first and subsequent syncs all worked fine with a variety of devices. Outlook syncs 100%.

My theory? I was running so many installers in my early days just to get cabs, without having a device hooked up, that I hosed my registry somehow. When I did connect a hpc I'd get messages telling me I was about to install 100 programs or so.

Anyway, I have no idea how much of the registry is affected when installers are run without a device, especially when running installers for various cpus (arm, mips, sh3). Enough to foul things up evidently.

One more tidbit. I removed my UPS (using com 1) and the software for it. I was getting issues having com 1 tied up. Until I've synced everything I own com 1 will remain free.

Try a pre-hpc rollback and go from there.
 Top of the page
Gizmondo Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 5:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

wallythacker - 2005-12-10 3:55 PM

Try a pre-hpc rollback and go from there.

? Do you mean just system restore? Because I've already tried that...

wallythacker - 2005-12-10 3:55 PM

Have you been running installers to get cabs without a device connected?

Again, Im not quite sure what you mean...do you mean running the installation for AS w/o having my device connected?

Thanks for your help and hopefully you can help me out with this problem,
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 3:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, he means running the installers for individual applications, just to open up the folders where the CAB files are (to copy onto the H/PC's storage card to install without connecting the device).

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-12 3:29 AM
 Top of the page
Gizmondo Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No unfortuneately that didn't work either...I take you all must be out of ideas then...?

EDIT: Someone who had similiar problem and fixed it said the problem was from the registry on the actual device...

They fixed it by reinstalling the firmware, however this option is not possible to me. (Apparently the guy actually hacked the service pack files lol).

Any ideas, how I could reformat/roll back/restore to previous state or something along those lines?

(NB: Gizmondo is a modified version of WinCE 4.2 NET and doesn't have all the features as a fully fledged winCE 4.2 NET Device.)

Edited by Gizmondo 2005-12-14 12:28 PM
 Top of the page
Gizmondo Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any Ideas Guys?
 Top of the page
Gizmondo Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Okay, I'll just bump this topic one last time, in case anyone has got any ideas, or can help me out?

Thanks in advanced,
Gizmondo
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 1:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

I initially had problems with Activesync disconnecting on my Neta 980 (CE 4.1). I fought with it for several days before I tried connecting my USB cable to one of my computer's "Back" USB ports. (It's more convenient to connect and disconnect on the Front.).

It fixed my Activesync problem.

I guess the front ports on my machine were not a fast or reliable as the back. The Neta is the ONLY unit I've ever had with connectivity problems on the front connectors.

The Neta comes with 2 cables as well. I found that one of the cables was not as reliable as the other (can't remember specifially which one.)

Note: I've encounted problems with USB cables connecting with printers as well. Sometimes putting a ferrite choke on the cable can reduce the rf noise and interference and help improve communication. Most, but not all, cables have a choke molded into the cable.

This may not have anything to do with you problem.... Ya never know!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 27