x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New/better method to translate the Sigmarion3 into English!

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 1:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chiark - 2005-12-05 8:51 AM

TFGDB/Cmonex, please let me know how I can help. I was just in the process of translating the "ubersetzen" application, but that seems a little redundant now!

thanks for the offer.
what does the ubersetzen stuff do anyway? if it is editing the registry to have english names of some folders etc that could still be useful.
 Top of the page
Rabbit@Net
Rabbit@Net Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 4:08 PM
#
Hi guys,

about the übersetzen.exe I can tell u a little. Pulled down to the basics it is a batch process. It copies files into the windows directory ignoring their write protected state. Afterwards it processes the registry to change some values for system folders and names. At least it modifies the links to the internal programs.
But to be sure, ask the programmer: Electron aka Wolfgang Rolke (http://www.wolfgang-rolke.de/) I am quite sure he knows better then any other what he programmed.

Another point of interest I want u to ask:

Can u post a little paper about how u achieved this? As you said yourself, it is possible to skin the hole OS. By publishing your results and methods of patching, there is the possibillity for others to start modding ...
I am really curious, how much u can do by the little trick u discovered!

Greetings from Germany,
Rabbit@Net
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the information...

you need Platform Builder 4.1 to create the files.. however if you just want to do skinning, you just need the already created mui files, and a resource editor to change the bitmaps etc in the MUI files... so it is like you were editing the rom files directly (even though it isn't the case, but same results).

btw i'm not sure you saw my plea... can you send me the working version of skype for sig3 please. you know my email (if not, contactchan (at) freemail.hu). thanks.
 Top of the page
Rabbit@Net
Rabbit@Net Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 3:23 AM
#
Hi cmonex,

didn't you read the thread in the Yahoo group anymore?

From Yahoo NewsGroup:

Hi folks,

I finally managed to load up Skype for the Sig III. You can now download
it anytime from my geocities webpage by using this link:

http://de.geocities.com/rabbit_at_net/Skype.zip

Please note, that the URL is CASE SENSITIVE!!!

The package contains everything needed to make Skype running on the Sig
III and maybe ofter CE.NET-devices like the maui ...

Enjoy it! And please forgive me for being quite late.

Greetings from Germany,
Rabbit@Net

But please wait with the download until this night. There is a bug in the package. An important DLL is missing (htmlview.dll). Without it won't work. Bug fix is on the way ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 5:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry, i must have missed that post.. i always read everything there.. these things happen
but looks like this is why i wasn't successful, if i need another htmlview.dll other than the one present in the sig3

thanks.
 Top of the page
harko
harko Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 5:13 AM
#
Interesting project. I found in my ramblings across the internet for SIgmarion information the Sig3 platform builder files..... I have no real use for them but maybe they can be of help for the MUI project?

regards,

Harko Verhagen
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 6:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi!

thanks for your offer, what is this exactly, the SDK or platform builder itself?

could you send an email to contactchan (at) freemail.hu ?

thanks
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 4:54 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

That would definitely help! Please contact cmonex, or alternatively drop me a mail - chiark@gmail.com
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 6:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i just wanna say that i was reading on pocketpcthoughts.com the other day, and i saw something speaking of how he flashed the sig3 with an english ROM. he also mentioned that the procedure was painless. may be you guys should try that, too.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 8:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

msafi - 2005-12-14 12:23 PM

i just wanna say that i was reading on pocketpcthoughts.com the other day, and i saw something speaking of how he flashed the sig3 with an english ROM. he also mentioned that the procedure was painless. may be you guys should try that, too.

and how?

maybe you could tell me where you read about it, and that could help a lot.

thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh if it was Fishie who talked about it... i just found his post:

"Found the machine in a second hand and PDA store in Akihabara Tokyo and with the help of a great member of this forum (thanks jmbneaf, I we you big time) I flashed the OS to English."

well if i'm not mistaken, i bought my sig3 from him in this summer (no kidding, the world is so small eh?) and i can confirm its rom is not reflashed.

it was just the wrong term for the usual procedure of copying the english files into ram...
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-12-15 1:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

that's disappointing. i got kinda excited when i read his post on pocketpcthoughts.com
 Top of the page
Juergen Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 4:57 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

cmonex - 2005-12-04 10:52 PM

you need Platform Builder 4.1 to create the files.. however if you just want to do skinning, you just need the already created mui files, and a resource editor to change the bitmaps etc in the MUI files...

Intriguing idea to use the Multilingual User Interface - thanks for that . I wonder why it's coming up that late... I managed to convert most of my sig3 to German this way, great! There are still some glitches to figure out, e.g. when installing new software the shortcuts are still created in the Japanese start menu folder. Probably there's similar trouble with other system folders, too, like fonts or favorites, but I haven't tested this yet.
I'm no developer and therefore it was hard enough to get so far. Tried to read and understand some whitepapers on this stuff, but I fear I would have to learn a lot of developement basics before it all could make sense to me. Is there any "easy" way to create a .MUI file manually? MUIs from Platform Builder of course only convert the system itself. Would be nice to use the same trick with some of the applications in sig3's ROM like the backup tool.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Juergen - 2005-12-20 10:57 AM

Intriguing idea to use the Multilingual User Interface - thanks for that . I wonder why it's coming up that late... I managed to convert most of my sig3 to German this way, great! There are still some glitches to figure out, e.g. when installing new software the shortcuts are still created in the Japanese start menu folder. Probably there's similar trouble with other system folders, too, like fonts or favorites, but I haven't tested this yet.
I'm no developer and therefore it was hard enough to get so far. Tried to read and understand some whitepapers on this stuff, but I fear I would have to learn a lot of developement basics before it all could make sense to me. Is there any "easy" way to create a .MUI file manually? MUIs from Platform Builder of course only convert the system itself. Would be nice to use the same trick with some of the applications in sig3's ROM like the backup tool.

oh nice that you figured it out for yourself
about creating new mui files... you should ask TFGBD.
btw, we tried to make mui files for the PIM with the help of the english gemini PIM's, but that one is a newer version and isn't exactly the same with regard to the menus if we could find the same version as the one in ROM that would be nice.
but if it can be done absolutely manually that wouldn't be needed you could ask him about it and figure out something can you visit #HPCDev channel on (any) Efnet irc server? we're usually there... thanks
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 1:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-12-06 1:53 AM

iamjoe - 2005-12-05 9:09 AM

if possible, i would like to a Chinese set of translated files. For Japanese Ce.net, most Chinese will not find it much difficult.

the Korean language on some Samsung Ce.net devices is very difficult for Chinese. This makes a big barrier.

So i would like to turn some Korean Ce.net devices into Chinese versions.

hmm, i'll ask if it is possible.

if it is, send me filelists about the rom of the korean devices or upload them here.

I havnt got any Korean (Samsung) HPC yet. The supply of it is quite limited.

I might manage to buy one in the near future. So i can not provide u with the file name list now.

I just want u and ur friend to add Chinese Support to ur MUI project, if this is possible. MS's PB 4.x should normally support Chinese in its MUI. I know some customized software in HPCs can not be translated this way. But that is fine.

Generation translation will do. If Chinese option not working, a general English "translation" of system files will be enough.

Keep ur your great job and I look forward to ur early success.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11