x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New/better method to translate the Sigmarion3 into English!

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 8:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'll ask if it is possible... it probably is possible to translate the korean OS to english. if PB supports chinese then that is possible too. as i said, i'll try to confirm that soon!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Things are looking good on this project.

I do have a question. Does NVD work on the native (japanese) Sig? How about on the partially translated unit? Does it look that NVD will work properly on the MUI modified Sig?

I have to resist some of the impulse bargains I'm stumbling across and bank some loot for a Sig.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i heard nvd does run on the japanese version, but it matters which version.. cant remember which one was the correct one..
no idea about it working with the mui files, i1ll experiment
but i don't recommend nvd it just slows down things usually (didnt really try it on the sig3 but it would be no different)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-25 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, sorry to everyone for the delay!! christmas you see.. think of it as a christmas present, hehehe.

if you're a sig3 user and really need the stuff, just register for http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handheldPCs and get the link from there. (ah i see now my message there still isn't approved but it should be soon.)

please read the readme! important!!!!

and as it is not the final version please report me any bug you see.

if there are bug reports those will be fixed if possible! if there arent any reports then we cant do anything!

btw there's one thing, coredll.dll somehow doesnt get translated, so if you try to run a not compatible program (without hacking, of course) you will still receive the error (not valid CE app, missing dlls) in japanese. trying to find out why it isnt translated. so say it is a 95% translation
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 12:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I still don't see the file at Yahoo yet.

Anyway you put me in the market for a Sig III as well

About the skinning thing... is it really easy to change my Smartbook to have the XP look? It might be cool.
 Top of the page
bhague01
bhague01 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 8:30 AM
#
Can hardly wait: roll on the Yahoo handheld PCs group machinery!
(downunder!)
Bill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 10:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-12-27 6:01 AM

I still don't see the file at Yahoo yet.

Anyway you put me in the market for a Sig III as well

About the skinning thing... is it really easy to change my Smartbook to have the XP look? It might be cool.

it is because my post at yahoo still didn't get confirmed! owner is on holiday?

the files themselves won't be hosted at yahoo. i just gave a link to them in that message ... hmm later they should be hosted there too, it is a nice idea.

bhague01: you can email me if my message at yahoo doesn't get confirmed in the next few days

oh and takwu, dunno how easy it is, but yes, it is possible, you just need platform builder 4.2 (it is enough it if's just the eval, it expires only after 120 days or so)

btw why would you want a sig3 AND a smartbook? nice idea...
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It is good to have 2 and I got to see the difference with the WinCe 4.2 format.

I lost or missed placed my Sig 3 ..2 yrs ago. Never to be seen again.

I need to get the 900c and I think that will be it due to its complete (well almost ) to a laptop with USB and all. Now to get a mix of LG 220Phenom, Intermec 6651, SB G138 and MP900c . That will be good to go.

The SmartBook people had it filled before the computer was dropped from the line with 3 months before it exposure to the world.

S/F<
CEYA!

Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I will try and see what new stuff DoComo is coming out with soon.

S/F<
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2005-12-27 9:23 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 10:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Ceya - 2005-12-28 3:22 AM

I will try and see what new stuff DoComo is coming out with soon.

do you have any information on that???

and how do you mean this:

The SmartBook people had it filled before the computer was dropped from the line with 3 months before it exposure to the world.

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The Sig3 should be quite a bit smaller than my Smartbook, so I want one The biggest excuse I had against it was the language thing... It sounds like this solution might kill that excuse tho
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I am going back to Nihon soon. DoCoMo always put out info on their products early.

The Smart book G168c

http://uftc.en.ec21.com/GC00467951/CA00467958/laptop_PDA.html

Here is all 3 models below that the Canadian companiy was carrying
SmartBook

http://uftc.en.ec21.com/GC00467951/Computer.html

It was supposed to come out in Jan 2005 pushed to April but didn't see light on the market. I asked the company above in Jan and the contact there said it wasn't to hit the market.

I will email her to see what the status on the computer.

Takwu,
Good to hear from you again, Still have that J728? Wow we spoke about this a year ago on another cyber site.

The Sig 3 is smaller than the G138 and hopefully that I can get another Sig3 when I go back.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2005-12-28 10:28 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Ceya - 2005-12-28 4:02 PM

I am going back to Nihon soon. DoCoMo always put out info on their products early.

ok, let us know about any news!!! what do you think are the chances of a sigmarion IV?

I will email her to see what the status on the computer.

cool.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 9:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah the G168C was sorta vaporware, so I doubt it'll ever be made. It was rumored that Book Digital worked on the Flybook after that, which is similar in size but an XP machine. However the Flybook was released by another unknown company.

NTT DoCoMo has taken the Sig III minisite offline (not sure since when...) so I doubt there's a new one coming, as much as I hope I'm wrong.

Speaking of new devices, I still want to know what happened to the Nexio XP40. I like the idea of CE5, and so far the Nexio is the only one that's even remotely close to being released.

Yeah I still have the 728, however I feel guilty leaving it in its box. My Smartphone+SmartBook combo is serving me too well I guess. On the other hand I'm just too lazy to put the Jornada up for sale. Maybe I will in the new year
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ntt docomo sig3 site? well it was there a few weeks ago.. you sure it is no longer available???

j728... if you ever put it up for sale... would i want a spare one? hmm anyway let me know if you ever decide to do so!

EDIT: which site did you mean takwu?
this one is still online: http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/relate/sigmarion3/index.html
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.199 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9