x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I just got a Branium Wibook $99 BIN CE.net 4.2

1 2 3 4 5 6
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 12:33 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I know it's weird, but what a great deal on a ce.net machine ...by the same people as the DreamWriter IT's after they changedd there name to Brainium.......Just thought i'd tell....because theres another !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8731108463&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 10:45 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi,

It is an interesting machine, looks like a toy but still nice. I have a couple of questions:

whish is the screen size?
What about its weight?
Also, what software does come with the unit?

Thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I belive the screen size is 8 inches...like a 600x480

Weight? not sure but i'd guess some where in the Area of 4lbs

Software? I guess what ever the ce.net base is plus what Brainium decided to package with it i dont know?

allthough its big, and laptop sized...you still get ce.net, instant on...and one thing i love about thse type's of windows ce machines..it has a a touch pad mouse instead of having to peck @ a touch screen...over all getiing an hpc with CE.net for $99 dollars new, i think thats a heck of a deal....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mhmmm any idea if it has an IR port?

a friend of mine wants one but he'd like to know this...

?
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 7:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

it is uglAy
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 7:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes it does have an IR port from what ive been told
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-30 8:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thcrw739 - 2005-12-01 1:51 AM

Yes it does have an IR port from what ive been told

excellent. i'll tell my friend.
 Top of the page
BruceHungerford
BruceHungerford Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 2:24 AM
#
thcrw739, thank you for the lead -- I think.

At $99, I could not resist the opportunity to play with a CE 4.2 portable. I will try to post a "review" as soon as I have had a chance to play with it.

BTW, I suspect we are going to see a stream of WiBooks coming available. When I bought mine, it was the only one listed, but now there is another one.

Bruce
MP 890 Evangelist
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 3:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Jornada 660lx - 2005-11-30 4:47 PM

it is uglAy

Yeah, I found it rather funny-looking too. But I'll try not to pass judgment since devices like this one may start the revival of the H/PC in the mass market (especially if they go for prices like that).

BTW, I like the idea of December as H/PC Appreciation Month. Is that your idea or did you get it from somewhere else?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

BruceHungerford - 2005-11-30 11:24 PM

thcrw739, thank you for the lead -- I think.

At $99, I could not resist the opportunity to play with a CE 4.2 portable. I will try to post a "review" as soon as I have had a chance to play with it.

BTW, I suspect we are going to see a stream of WiBooks coming available. When I bought mine, it was the only one listed, but now there is another one.

Bruce
MP 890 Evangelist

Yeah, about 2 months ago the guy selling the one's on ebay now was selling one but someone bought it now and i missed my chance and he hadnt relisted any more till now, id go on ebay and hunt about once a week for em.

I'd like to see if any DreamMax hit the bay....just like the IT's and The Wibooks, Except there a blue color and they have Hpc 2000 on them....I have a DreamWriter it and i enjoy it......im sure i'll have just as much satisfaction out of the Wibook...I dont care how it looks....I prefer to be diffrent anyway......
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The Wibook looks like a cute unit. And powerful with 400mhz. And I like the idea of a touchpad. Wish I had the money!

I always had my eyes on the Dreamwriters. I like the shape of it - and the fact that you just close it up and grab by its handle and go. Very convenient.

I can't wait until we get a review on this Wibook.
 Top of the page
BruceHungerford
BruceHungerford Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 8:47 PM
#
While I wait for my WiBook to arrive, I thought I would find out as much about it as I could from the web. Turns out there isn't a whole lot out there. The only sites that had any real information were Rothberger (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=de_en&url=http://www.rothberger.net/pages/hardware/brainium_wibook.shtml) and a Brazilian site (http://www.wince.com.br/cgi-bin/equipamentos/03.idc?Registro=558). Neither had much, and they were not totally consistent.

The Braziian site also had a page for the DreamMax (http://www.wince.com.br/cgi-bin/equipamentos/03.idc?Registro=249). The dimensions should be the same and the weight should be close.

Dimens? : 15 x 11 x 2,5 pol (inches?)
Weight: 5.5 lbs

Hope this is of some benefit to somebody.

Bruce
MP890 Evangelist
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 9:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I really like my Dreamwriter! It is too large to carry around even with the handle. I use the 790 in class, but the dreamwriter is great at home. I write papers, e-mail, and do general surfing from the couch. The large screen is great. Does the Branium Wibook have the same crazy charger hole? I had a heck of a time finding one. Let me know the size compared to the DW. Also please PM me when your review is ready. I may want one.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 11:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering - 2005-12-01 6:58 PM

Does the Branium Wibook have the same crazy charger hole? I had a heck of a time finding one.

Yes im afraid so according to the couple of places i know selling the adapters online.

Seems to be the same for all three devices, IT, Dream Max, & WIbook.....
same goes for the batteries.....They seem to share the basic shell and power sources.....

Oh, one thing i did find looking some where, cant reemeber now, some education site....that some Wibooks have built in 802.11b wireless and a touchscreen....some have floppys some dont......but this was just som,ething i picked up hunting around....not verified....

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 2:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thcrw739 - 2005-12-02 5:53 AM

Yoldering - 2005-12-01 6:58 PM

Does the Branium Wibook have the same crazy charger hole? I had a heck of a time finding one.

Yes im afraid so according to the couple of places i know selling the adapters online.

Seems to be the same for all three devices, IT, Dream Max, & WIbook.....
same goes for the batteries.....They seem to share the basic shell and power sources.....

Oh, one thing i did find looking some where, cant reemeber now, some education site....that some Wibooks have built in 802.11b wireless and a touchscreen....some have floppys some dont......but this was just som,ething i picked up hunting around....not verified....

dont they come with an ac adapter?

oh wlan and touchscreen and floppy would be really nice.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.210 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11