x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I just got a Branium Wibook $99 BIN CE.net 4.2

1 2 3 4 5 6
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

dont they come with an ac adapter?

These Wibooks do according to the ebay seller , but the IT versions that have been selling on ebay havent had ac adapters....Basicly its a funky adapter hole...The only thing that saved me @ first when i got my IT was my old desktop was a sony vaio and the speakers that came with it had a adapter that was the same fro the most part, voltage slightly differed but it worked, just took awile longer than normal to charge the battery....

Edited by thcrw739 2005-12-02 11:54 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 3:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I bought an adapter and charger from radio shack, and the unit charges while off. They did not have the exact volt/ohm combo so I have to leave it off while charging. The Dreamwriter has floppy drive but no touch screen. The only thing bad about that is I keep stabbing the screen. Come to think of it. I also try to use my stylus on my home monitor also.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering - 2005-12-02 12:52 PM

I bought an adapter and charger from radio shack, and the unit charges while off. They did not have the exact volt/ohm combo so I have to leave it off while charging.

Really wich one did you get? I assume it powers it even if its on?
how much total did you end up paying?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Less than $17 the adapter was free with purchase. When I get home I will post all of the info. I leave it off B/C I don't want to burn the charger out. Just in case anyone wanted to see the size compared to the Jornada here is the DW thread. I posted photo's on page 2.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1434&start=16

Edited by Yoldering 2005-12-02 4:20 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

OK, the adapter head is D, they will let you bring the computer in ant plug it in to make sure it fits. The AC adapter was the 12V 1500MA the dreamwriter calls for 12V 2.5MA
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 7:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Coming to you from my new Wibook here.....
I've only had it about 30 minutes so not alot to report yet, It has no floppy but does have a touch screen......has cf slots instead of pc card slots...well i'll post more later.....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 8:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Being the curios person i am, i took the cover off the bottom of the Wibook to reveal an extra compact flash slot....cant find my card right now...stay tuned !
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

almost forgot to mention, it actully wieghs some were in the area of 3 and a half lbs... less than i assumed....
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Was it a false bottom? I was thinking of taking all of the components out and putting them into an old laptop I have.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yolder.......

it was like the the same bottom cover Area on the IT that reveals the ram/rom chip...except there was no ram/rom chip...just some stuff from the board and that cf card slot.....
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 7:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

so it has three cf slots?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 10:04 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

No

that would make the 2nd one....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well, after further study here's what i know far....

32 mb's of ram

16bit color touch screen, not sure the type i assume TFT but in the sunlight it blacks out so i dunno

2 cf slots 1 type 2 on side of unit and one type 1 in the access panel on bottom..

has some basic built in software such as windows media player 9, RDP, office readers....an interesting thing is that it has counduits pocket slides built in....Also has icons for textmaker & plan maker, but when you click on the icons it ask's for the software that came with the unit i guess on a cd-rom, wich i didnt get.....

ofcorse there is other software as well......

it has an IR port, a ethernet port, a serial port, 2 usb ports, and 3.5mm audio & microphone jacks....

also located on the back right side of the machine is a reset hole, wich is actully smaller than a paper clip is around so i had to use a trash bag tie with the plasic off to exspose some wire.....this caused a Hard Reset restoring it to factory settings....

To preform a softreset i found that if you hold the power button down for a few sec's it will cause the machine to warm reboot.....

Well, thats a Start....

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tft can be problematic in sunlight too. only the reflective type of tft likes sunlight the transflective type isn't bad either but only a few pda's are good in sunlight even then.
you can determine the screen type by trying to find ghosting on the screen. ifyou can't see any, it should be tft.. but if you can't decide, just wait for me until i get mine.. (ok i didn't even bid on one.. but i will.. along with that friend of mine )
thanks for the information! keep up the good work hehe
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Not sure how i'm going to activesync it....my el cheapo irda adapter bit the dust....looks like a serial tranfer cable would work maybe....
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 11