x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Velo 1/IrDA Problems

Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-01 9:02 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, All,

Well, my Velo 1 arrived, and while there's much to admire about it, I have three key problems, and I'm hoping people more experienced with CE 2.0 can help.

The machine at hand is an 8mb Philips Velo 1, running the 2.0 upgrade and the HPCFactor Generic Driver (GenIrDA-c3).

Problem One:

About every fourth soft reset (Run > type "reset" > ENTER), the machine hard resets. Not back to 1.0, but to a factory-installed 2.0. So far, it only seems to do this by soft resets, not simply by turning the machine off and on.

Problem Two:

The HPCFactor IrDA driver allows me to connect with my Nokia 6100 via GPRS and dial out, all the way to the last step of connection, which is "User Authenticated." My phone says "Creating GPRS Connection" and then it hangs up, saying "Temporary Network Problem." But that's not true, since I can connect with GPRS with the same specs with both my Jornada 720 and Psion Mako.

Problem Three:

IrDA again. This is really obscure, but the point of this machine was to back up documents from my Mako while on the road. Total Commander 2.0 for MIPS will install and swap files via IR with my laptop; it will swap files via TC 2.0/IrDA and my Jornada 720; and it will accept files (at a very slow pace) from the Psion via IrDA. But TC 2.0 freezes when trying to send a document to the Psion. From there, it will not respond to Alt-Cntl-Del, forcing a soft reset, and eventually leading to Problem One.

On the Psion, I'm using both CBeam and Psi-loc, IROBEX programs, that I have suucessfully used to swap docs with my Jornada 720 (using TC 2.0 for ARM) and to swap the same files with my laptop. (CMonex, I'm hoping you can help on this since I think you have a Psion in your handheld collection.)

EZOBEX and GSFinder+ give me a "fatal error" when I try to run them. I know GSFinder+ only goes back to HPCPro, but EZOBEX promises that it goes back to 2.0.

Has anybody ever successfully used EZOBEX with a 2.0 MIPS device?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be thorough, especially since these problems are not run-of-the-mill. My connection to AS 3.8 was without problem, for example.

Many thanks,
Jake

Edited by Jake 2005-12-01 9:14 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.117 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8