x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-12 11:52 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Raargh I finally finished getting all the software on my J720 and what has to happen?! Apparently when a lot of apps are installed on a compactflash card if I enable the password nothing will work!!! Keys, taps, icons, nothing! Same with owner notes. I was so happy to be able to set off 28.2 FRICKEN MEGS of program memory on my device, but I don't know if it is worth it at this cost. Is there an update I don't know about? I know that a lot of other people on this forum must have run into the exact same problem. Please help!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-13 9:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

oh dear, but could it be something to do with some apps that is trying to run before the CF card is initialized??

side note:

I realized that my wifi cf card has a percularity similar to yours. When I have it inserted and drivers loaded, and then I close my MP790. When I reopen it to use later, the whole system hangs for like 1~2 minutes, then the wifi cf card's led comes on and the system starts to react.

Maybe it is similar?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2004-12-13 10:07 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Snappy - I was just thinking the same thing

programsynthesiser - check your Windows/Startup folder and see if there are any xxx.Ink files that are trying to initialize at startup, but because you've moved the software to the CF card , the .Ink files can't find the executiable and therefore lock up your 720??

Just one possiblity
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-13 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Snappy...I have a pcmcia wifi card...I have a 512mb compactflash memory card. Yeah my system used to have a 32mb one, but no real programs were on it so I had no problems. It is not a lag at startup, but just there are no clicks, no icons...just kinda messed up. If I do a soft reset everything starts up fine...I'm not really sure what is wrong here. All of my startup items are linked to files in the system ram, nothing on the storage card. This is very confusing...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-13 7:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Haha! So you were kinda right Snappy! The wifi drivers were on my cf card! Lol now that will definitely cause probs. Yeah well I moved it into ram, and now I just need to wait for the leds to glow before pressing enter...that's only about 2 seconds. YES!!!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-14 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hey, no prob man! Sometimes I get lucky with my guesses!

For my case, it seems the wifi cf card (in a pccard adapter) takes a tad longer to wake up (ard 45sec~90secs), after that, the card's led lights up and everything is running.

If I am not in a rush, I'll let it run through ... its still kinda faster compared to a slow pc ... allthough with hibernation on my previous notebooks and a common pc (!) they boot ard 30secs flat.

If I am in a rush, I do a reset and presto, it is ready to go in a few secs. btw, a tweak tool removes the annoying "Do you want to run your pccard on battery" message. Its SmallTweak by Tillanosoft.

Still waiting for pretec to get back to me on the results. Hoping that they will fix the delayed loading with a new driver or something. This is when I really wish this is open source.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12