x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

logged into hpcfactor forums with a hpc pro device

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i see i got a few hpc'ers interested

sorry i have only the mips version and since then someone else tested it on another mips device. turns out it is protected from running on anything else that is not NEC

but nec 780/800/880/790 users could try it, it can help if/when IE is no good...
you see it can log in here for example
overall, it seems to me, its capabilities are somewhere between the hpc pro pocket IE and the hpc2000 IE4.

i'll post it somewhere soon. and you can try it even if your mips device isn't NEC, maybe... who knows...

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-04 6:09 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2005-12-04 5:54 PM

Great, now I will have to install it onto my Jornada. How large is it? I had lost my 256mb card for the last 4 months, (I think my dog hid it) but found it. I had been using the 8mb back up, and have not put anything new on to any device for a long time. I almost bought a new one. I found it the other day, sitting in plain site on a corner table. Very strange

woops you sure it wasnt on that table earlier?

btw it is just under 1 MB installed.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-04 1:02 PM

... but what in the world were you still doing up at 5am!!

well.. don't ask.. i promise i won't stay up for that long next time.

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-04 6:11 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 7:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, C:Amie might confine you to your room next time, and then you'd have nothing to do but play with your H/PCs . . . .

I'm gonna try this on my Clio as well as my MP800 - as soon as I can find an English link.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

cmonex - 2005-12-04 5:08 PM

Yoldering - 2005-12-04 5:54 PM

Great, now I will have to install it onto my Jornada. How large is it? I had lost my 256mb card for the last 4 months, (I think my dog hid it) but found it. I had been using the 8mb back up, and have not put anything new on to any device for a long time. I almost bought a new one. I found it the other day, sitting in plain site on a corner table. Very strange

woops you sure it wasnt on that table earlier?

btw it is just under 1 MB installed.

My poor dog gets blamed for more things than he deserves. I thought he hid my wallet the other day, but found it when I got home. I shouldn’t blame so many things on him.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-05 1:46 AM

Yeah, C:Amie might confine you to your room next time, and then you'd have nothing to do but play with your H/PCs . . . .

I'm gonna try this on my Clio as well as my MP800 - as soon as I can find an English link.

mhmm,

1) that would mean i would still stay up all night. thats why i did it last night.

2) thanks for the hint... moment!

ok here's the link: http://izemize.fw.hu/WtalkCE.exe
report back if it worked on the clio too!

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-04 9:54 PM
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 12:46 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wheeee, new toys for my....erm.....toys...or something. It's definately not 100% perfect. The lack of a working indicator (the little spinning globe in IE) distresses me somewhat, but I'll live. I've got some formatting wierdness that may be Settings related as well, but seems to be otherwise working OK on my MP780.

Thanks for the IE alternative! Now, if I could get Flash and\or Java......
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer - 2005-12-05 6:46 AM

Wheeee, new toys for my....erm.....toys...or something. It's definately not 100% perfect. The lack of a working indicator (the little spinning globe in IE) distresses me somewhat, but I'll live. I've got some formatting wierdness that may be Settings related as well, but seems to be otherwise working OK on my MP780.

Thanks for the IE alternative! Now, if I could get Flash and\or Java......

glad to hear it works. always good to have an alternative.
well it does have a spinning globe upper right corner. try to look harder!

you can have flash, go find the thread about "working ppc apps on my intermec", and in the last posts it is posted for MIPS...

java: you can have that too, but i think it will not integrate into IE. it is a standalone jvm. (there are other jvm's too, this one may be the best, sun's personal java)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 2:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, logged on on my MP800. Takes a little while for pages to finish loading, and pages are wider than the screen and requires horizontal scrolling (and won't add emoticons to text despite being available on screen for selection). Also, some images won't load (your screenshots & my avatar) even though "Show Images" is clicked in Options. Otherwise not bad.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-05 3:06 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 3:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, now logged on on my Clio. Same comments apply.

EDIT (done on PC): (And, BTW, I didn't see no spinnin' globe neither. Oh, and cmonex, I know about being up all night with my H/PCs - but in my case it's been searching the Web for software.)

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-05 4:05 AM
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 4:25 AM
#
It doesnt work on the Jornada 680 (worth a try). Any ideas?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 4:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The download in the link given by cmonex is MIPS only according to cmonex, and the 680 has an SH3 processor. Sorry. (Hope Yoldering noticed that before trying to put it on his Jornada.)

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-05 4:32 AM
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 4:59 AM
#
Dont suppose anyone has an SH3 link?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 5:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

BTW, I tested tenjeangosi's claim about being able to log in in IE in CE 2.0. But IE in my Phenom won't let me log in - after I enter the login info, it just goes back to the same login page and asks me again, over and over. Does the Phenom have a different version of IE from the 2010c? (I assumed that all CE 2.0 units had PIE 2.0.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 9:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek,
That is a known bug in the cookie drop with the forum. While it's transiting between pages, hit the stop button and head to the forum root, and it should behave itself.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 12