x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Oops, I broke it...

CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 3:59 PM
#
Not that I screwed up the OS on my MP790 or anything, but how do I do a hard reset?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 4:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Pull main battery, push little square button with stylus tip that resides behind the battery towards the left.

Page 4-20 in users guide.

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 5:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or you can just take the main battery out and let the 790 simmer for a few minutes. (I just did this myself twice over the past few days.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-04 11:35 PM

Or you can just take the main battery out and let the 790 simmer for a few minutes. (I just did this myself twice over the past few days.)

you sure its a good idea?

if that backup battery cant hold its charge for more than a few mins... that means no good... and it's not a good idea to discharge it too often anyway, is it?
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 7:29 PM
#
But if the backup battery dies, won't I have to replace it? The button-cell thing? They're like $3 a piece!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 7:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I admit that you're supposed to remove the backup battery as well to do this. But, silly me, I can't seem to find it. I thought it'd be under the ROM/RAM cover, but no dice. How do you get to it?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

You do not want to let the back up battery die!!!!!!!! They are VERY hard to find, and are very hard to install! They are a lot different than the coin ones. Take a look at Rich's site http://www.hpcnec.com/7x0info.htm

Edited by Yoldering 2005-12-04 8:35 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 9:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-05 1:35 AM

Well, I admit that you're supposed to remove the backup battery as well to do this. But, silly me, I can't seem to find it. I thought it'd be under the ROM/RAM cover, but no dice. How do you get to it?

it is built in, you have to disassemble the whole unit to get to the backup battery... better not to torture the backup battery so that you can avoid replacing it for a while.
fyi, they're rechargeable... so no worries, just be nice to it and it may live longer. sure longer than a non rechargeable one, anyway. that would be a really horrible design to put a non rechargeable batt there without it being user replaceable...

hmm, at least on the colour phenoms they're user replaceable... *in theory* in practice, that's also very hard to do.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 2:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for the heads-up. Now I know why the "backup battery low" indicator doesn't stay on long when the 790 is plugged in. (Got the same indicator, of course, when I first got it.) I promise I won't hard reset it this way any more.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8