x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cf ethernet & wifi card on sig 3

javier Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 7:32 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi,

Today I have received my sig III, it is lovely . But I have a couple of questions:

Are compatible the following cf cards?:

zonet cf ethernet card Model: ZCF1400 (I have read that it is compatible with windows ce, was compatible with my jornada 710, but what about the sig 3?)

ambicom wifi cf card, model wl1100c-cf (i have downloaded the dirver for windows ce 4.1, but it does not work)

could any one tell where to find the right drivers?

Thanks,

javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 6:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

javier - 2005-12-06 1:32 AM

ambicom wifi cf card, model wl1100c-cf (i have downloaded the dirver for windows ce 4.1, but it does not work)

what is the error message if there's any?
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:01 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi cmonex,

thanks for your interest. No error appears on the screen, yesterday I could installa the ambicom wifi car driver but the utility that comes with the driver does not appear anywhere. The only one thing is a window in japanese, and I do not understand it (I think it's the same that appears on sig3 info for english users web site).

Regarding the zonet ethernet card, no error is display too, just a window with some sort of message written down in japanese. So I have the same problem.

Maybe both cards are accepted, but in my opinion some changes on the configuration of the sytem sould be done but which ones. Please, help (why not I learnet japanese when I had the chance, maybe because I was occupied with the chinese but I don't know how to speak it too, ).

Thanks,

Javier
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a driver for the Ambicom in the HCL, however there is no compatibility data. Is this the same driver that you are using with the NIC?

Is the NIC powering up at all?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 1:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i'm surprised you didn't install the english files on your sig3.

register at the yahoo group handheldPCs, and you can download the english files there. they're not a complete translation (unlike our mui translation stuff! will be up for public soon probably), but they'll translate the zeroconfig dialogs, which is what you're having problems with.
you don't need anything else except for wzc (i.e. wireless zeroconfig). you can setup everything in there. of course the driver itself is needed, no question about that. hehehe.
let me know if you can't find the group or the files in it(send me a PM in this case)..

btw afaik the ambicom card works in the sig3..
 Top of the page
javier Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 7:02 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi,

sorry for the dealy, but I have been out during the last days.

Regarding the ambicom wifi cf card, everything looks to be fine (I feel more familiar with the japanese windows). I installed the necessary files in order to get my sig iii to be translated into english, everything is fine. But I still have doubts wth my ethernet card, do I have to change something in the IE configuration or create a new network access?

I forgot, thank you so much for your help.

Cheers,

Javier
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 9:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just dont use autodial in IE and you're ready to use lan
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9