x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't Connect with even HPCFactor IrDA Generic Driver

1 2 3
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
SUCCESS, SUCCESS, SUCCESS

Even though my GPRS service doesn't need it, and my other machines don't use it, CE 2.0 apparently needs a user name and password to get past "User Authenticated."

I simply put in a bogus user name and password and connected. I don't have to do that with either the J-720 or the Psion, but here I do.

How very strange. But Monica, a million thanks for your numerous posts and invaluable advice.

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 1:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool.

well it shows i've never used a palm for gprs... palms often need this bogus login information...

oh and you're welcome. no problem really
i hope others can benefit from this thread too..

btw, nope, CE 2.0 doesn't require a user name and/or password. this might depend on the particular phone (and/or gprs provider?) then. complex interactions...

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-07 1:38 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 1:44 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

You, by chance, don't own a Psion, do you?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-07 7:44 PM

You, by chance, don't own a Psion, do you?

yeah i do, and not just one.

currently i have four of them here, but one of them is for sale as i don't need two mc218's...

my first pda was a 3a. still have another 3a here and just fixed it myself (very easy, luckily).

why do you ask?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I was hoping you might try an experiment, ir-exchanging files between your CE 2.0 devices and your Psion (via CBeam http://www.cpen.com/Download/extra_applications/m7/psion) or PsiBeam (http://www.psiloc.com/index.html?id=239)

The reason why I bought my Velo is so that I could take it on the road with my Mako. Using Psion's CBeam or Psi-loc (which is now freeware, but I bet you already know that), I'm able to shoot docs via IR back and forth between the Mako and a Jornada 720 using Total Commander 2.0.

But I can't get the Velo (CE 2.0) to do the same with my Mako. TC's maker, Chistian Ghisler, and I have been trying everything, but since he doesn''t have a Psion, we're in trouble.

As for alternatives to TC 2.0, EZOBEX's site ( http://masataka.mailbbs.com/ez/en/ ) says it's for CE 2.0 and above, but I think it's for 2.11 and above. The author hasn't written me back.

It's very cool, to get these files to go back and forth. Psion and WindowsCE are actually compatible, but other than you, I seem to be the only one who can experiment.

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i see the problem. sure, i'll try it tomorrow. never tried any of these apps though i do have them somewhere on one of my hdd's.

my velo is CE 1.0... of course i currently have four CE 2.0 units, so thats no problem. which one to try?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Wow, what luck

Try the MIPS CE 2.0, if you've got one. That's the version that's giving me the fits.

Many thanks, Monica,
Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah have three of them, i'll try the BW screen one.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 9:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, have tried it, ezobex will not run, and total commander and cbeam would not work together did that setup work for you?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Bummer! I was hoping it was only my problem. I've tried with PlBeam and can get my Velo CE 2.0 to RECEIVE from the Psion (via PlBeam), but SENDING from the Velo only crashes the machine.

I've been corresponding with Christian Ghisler, who gets his MIPS 2.0 device to talk to his Palm via TC 2.0, but he has no Psion with which to experiment.

Shucks, that was the whole reason for buying the Velo. True, I could use Filegram wit cables (that does work), but that defeats the "mobility" of it all.

Cmonex, do you know of any CE 2.0 Terminal program that will connect via infrared to Psion's Comms?

Many thanks for your investigations,
Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 4:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hrm, my CE 2 machines do have a terminal program.. same as on hpc2000 etc..
doesn't the velo have even that?
maybe it really isn't the ideal machine for your purposes.. no decent CE 2.0 upgrade, no CF slot..
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 7:38 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

The Velo CE 2.0 has a terminal program, but connects by dial-up only, and if I'm not mistaken, no CE ROM Terminal program has Xmodem transfer capability.

With Psions, as you know, you can connect two of them via Comms and Infrared, and transfer whatever you want.

But I don't think there's anything like that for CE devices.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 9:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jake,

None of the embedded ones support Xmodem, aye, however, vxHpcPlus does support it if you specifically need it for a project.
I remember that you're quite up on all that.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 11:44 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hi, Chris,

Cambridge does sell a version for CE 2.0, but it's enormous, 1/2 meg. No room for that on my already-squeezed Velo (I'm running the 2.0 upgrade with only 8 megs of RAM, not the needed 12).

I have room for Contacts, a little bit of Calendar--I have no past, only a future on the Velo 1 --TC 2.0, Tascal Regedit, and 1 document. And even if I could find room for Cambridge, its specs don't appear to support direct IR hookup with another terminal program.

I've used emterm before, a Japanese terminal program, and will check on its MIP CE 2.0 availability.

Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 11:48 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Exactly how much RAM do you have avaliable? It seems that you really need the Velo 1 PCMCIA adapter...
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8