x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Success! with AS & hpcs

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sounds serious & difficult no outlook on my PC anyway... how to change those dll calls
though first i'll have to sort out my AS, it just doesn't work currently.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Exchange server? Not much chance of me ever having that so AS3.8 will do me then. It works is all I can say, after a Ghost reload.

Not having a visible file system will keep my family from terribly messing up any Palms I get them. Lets face it, it you have a hard time with Windows, CE machines aren't any friendlier beyond plain use and simple installs. Any more and my family is in over their head.

Monica, my bad, I didn't keep up on the other thread. I had a time where dhcp was a no-go over wifi for some reason too. I hard coded everything, then after my crash firmware update dhcp is fine now. Go figure.

Well guys, I'm off to the Source warehouse again. My "source" tells me Zire 71s will be onhand for $80US or so. One for Mom, maybe Dad too, and my shopping is done for the year. There's also an open box TX that I might be able to get a deal on.

Actually, you all know I want to buy them to tinker extensively with them before handing them off

God, I love this stuff. You can do so much experimenting with it in such a short time period and recover in a blink if you hose things.

edit. Well that's cool. My ppc has been making noises every 30 minutes since yesterday. I discovered I had it set to AS on a schedule. I changed the interval to 4 hours. Are there any registry hacks to force a hpc to sync at defined intervals? That would be convenient.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-10 3:15 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2005-12-10 11:23 AM

hrm... can you power it up on AC fine?

interested to hear your experiences about H/PC Explorer and AS, especially if you can get to work on XP, as i sold my win98 subnote

Well, I have a very old P1/~200 MHZ desktop running Windows 98 SE and that is th ecomputer that I plan to install Explorer and AS...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hpc explorer? Pardon my ignorance. Is that just the explore thingie in AS or a different program like in the really old CE services or whatever they called it before AS?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-12-10 9:26 PM

Hpc explorer? Pardon my ignorance. Is that just the explore thingie in AS or a different program like in the really old CE services or whatever they called it before AS?

it is the ancestor of CE services the first (1.0 and 1.1) versions of the sync app which is called now Activesync
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 4:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Thought so. I vaguely remember it when I installed CE services 2.2 by mistake one day.

FWIW, the NECs AS over wifi in <10 seconds (from connect to disconnect with a couple updates.)

The 6651 takes a minute or so ??, the host thrashes the hdd while syncing, weird.

My ppc takes about 30 seconds, no hdd thrashing on the host.

Can anyone account for the differences?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 2:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-12-10 12:01 PM

Not having a visible file system will keep my family from terribly messing up any Palms I get them.

But if you want one, there are file explorer apps for Palm OS. I have a freeware one called Filez that has proved very useful for transferring apps to RAM if they turn out not to work installed on the memory card. (That is, incidentally, another advantage of CE over Palm OS. Nearly every CE app can be run off a storage card; not so with many Palm OS apps.)

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-11 2:07 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 3:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

TY for the tip. I'll grab a copy for the same reason you have. I don't really know the capability of my W so I won't be installing too many things to it. Palm essentials, Mapopolis, maybe a jazzier PIM program and Filez. Oh, some card games for for downtime.

I'd like a financial program compatible with either cash organizer or perhaps spb finance so I can do my road expenses on either platform and consolidate it at home.

I've got a 512mb sd card in the W. Overkill? Considering the size of palm apps and what I plan? Well, I may have 200mb of maps but after that who knows.

There must be a standalone backup program you can recommend for road backups, just in case I toast everything
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11