x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What do CE geeks want for Xmas?

1 2 3 4
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 8:29 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-12-07 4:50 AM

I gave her a CE 1 ROM chip, and she's puttty in my hands. muhahahahahahahaha

It's what every girl wants for the 2005 / 2006 season

Hahah, brilliant. Doubt it works here though.

I am asking for a 17in. tft, which really is not too much anymore. And probably a gift card to fry's or bestbuy, in an attempt to get a microdrive. (Oh wait, Fry's decided they would not sell microdrives anymore! )
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

680s being thrown out...
That is really depressing
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 10:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

PDXMark - 2005-12-07 10:10 AM

Other than that, a couple work shirts and maybe a Starbucks card, and I'm good to go.

So if we see a man walk into Starbucks wearing only a shirt (and carrying an H/PC with a network card), we'll know who it is.

cmonex: Your b'day is a few days before Xmas? So is mine (12/21). Yours wouldn't be the same day, would it?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Here's irony. The landfill is in Michigan. Toronto has been shipping refuse to Michigan when this alledgedly happened.

Stuff like this happens all the time. I know in 1970 Skidoo landfilled several hundred Seadoos (yes, they existed then, they were far ahead of their time) in Angus Ontario. Skidoo didn't even uncrate the units, just dumped and covererd them.

When I worked at Xerox we landfilled a ton of Osborne computers as nobody was buying them.

Corporate stupidity *far* exceeds individual stupidity, which I've seen in great abundance, hence my statement about us being special.

I've been asking around and my friends and family have little need for anything this year. I'm not surprised, birds of a feather and all that.

How do the big box stores survive when we're so intelligent when it comes to spending?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well did ebay exsist when all this happened?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2005-12-08 4:56 AM

cmonex: Your b'day is a few days before Xmas? So is mine (12/21). Yours wouldn't be the same day, would it?

nope, 19th.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, happy b'day anyway. (No sense in waiting until the last minute.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i want so many things, that i don't know what i want any more...so i guess i want nothing...that makes me more of a factorite, correct? learn to live with what you got? are you guys buddhists? i'm thinking of converting as well...

seriously though, the most powerful pda on the market (ex. axim 51v), with handheld-pc formfactor. now that's something that could get me excited.

btw, i didn't know cmonex was a girl until now...i'm surprised...
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 2:50 PM
#
msafi - 2005-12-08 9:08 AM

What's to be surprised about? Guys aren't the only ones with a passion for technology! Outdated technology for some of us though...
Just to clarify, I'm a guy too.

Let's see... being in foster care, I usually don't get much for Xmas, but every year I get a box of Whitman's Sampler chocolates. Good stuff, right there. And, of course, I hang out with my brother Daren...
I've noticed that the holidays seem to lose their luster when you get older. It's not as exciting anymore. But, that's just a part of life. Now that I'm 18, I have to start buying gifts for all of my relatives...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 4:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

msafi - 2005-12-08 6:08 PM

i want so many things, that i don't know what i want any more...so i guess i want nothing...that makes me more of a factorite, correct? learn to live with what you got? are you guys buddhists? i'm thinking of converting as well...

seriously though, the most powerful pda on the market (ex. axim 51v), with handheld-pc formfactor. now that's something that could get me excited.

why are you surprised

which hpc do you thnik is the most powerful?
x51v... that's just a pocketpc.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
What I want doesn't even exist. I want a USB card reader, but without USB and with infrared instead. Just a send/receive capability so I can easily shuttle files between HPCs.

Maybe one of Santa's elves can help out...

Jake
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 6:19 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

msafi - 2005-12-08 9:08 AM

Sheesh.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 6:21 PM
#
Jake - 2005-12-08 2:04 PM

Maybe one of Santa's elves can help out...

According to a recent Staples commercial, Santa's elves use Palm OS...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 9:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

May as well cancel Christmas then. Do you really think a device with a 30MHz CPU can hold and process the global Christmas present list?

I think not!

Sorry boys and girls, Santa made the wrong purchasing decision, Christmas is now officially cancelled.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9