x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What do CE geeks want for Xmas?

1 2 3 4
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 9:57 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

What I want for Christmas....

I already have it.... HPC:Factor and all the great people who support it.

Sorry, cheese factor on high....

Everyone who supports this site is great and we really appreciate it.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C:amie, rofl, wouldn't bother me a bit. Maybe just delayed a few months while the wheezy 'ole dragonball crunches the data.

At least Santa isn't using a Toshiba 740 with surprise sudden hard resets.

This is a great place, Christmas is but one day but here is all the time.

edit: At least my Palm syncs in <15 seconds. My 6651/MPs/720 take forever (or so it seems while winders thrashes the hdd looking for something.)

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-08 10:55 PM
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:44 PM
#
I'd take anything HPC at this point.

In all honesty, I am hoping for:

- Wacom Tablet (Graphics)
- R/C Airplane
- Gadgets!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

clintonf3 - 2005-12-08 7:57 PM

What I want for Christmas....

I already have it.... HPC:Factor and all the great people who support it.

Sorry, cheese factor on high....

Everyone who supports this site is great and we really appreciate it.

[Time for a teary moment]
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 12:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader - 2005-12-08 3:21 PM

Jake - 2005-12-08 2:04 PM

Maybe one of Santa's elves can help out...

According to a recent Staples commercial, Santa's elves use Palm OS...

That's probably what stunted their growth.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 9:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I asked for a single cup coffee maker.
I have been out for a while b/c we had an ice storm, and my electricity went out then on then out then on. For some reason my computer power supply went out. anyway I went to buy a new one today, opened it, found it was way too big, but installed it anyway. So now I have a computer with no outer case on it with a power supply sticking out of the top. Guess what I will ask for instead of a coffee maker.... You guessed it, a new case. I would also like a Velo 1.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 10:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2005-12-11 3:11 AM

You guessed it, a new case. I would also like a Velo 1.

wow have you been reading the velo discussion zone or what?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

An ice storm? Is that unusual for your locale?

Is your gear on a ups or surge supressor? After my first big burnout in the 90's I won't attach anything direct to wall. It's all on ups or surge supressors. I keep a ups under a table in my livingroom just for hpcs and whatnot.

I really hate fixing power damaged gear. It seems like the first surge is just the beginning of the problems. I hope you have better luck.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 11:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I had protection. I don't know what caused it, but my computer worked before the ice storm, and it did not boot up the next day. Yes an ice storm is crazy for central Texas!!! But id does happen.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh man, I didn't think ice storms were normal for Texas. I'd expect that where I live. You'll be telling us next you were out snowboarding the the backyard.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I wish I were snow boarding. The next morning I was trying to make it to work on time. People in Texas don't know how to drive in ice. I saw 5-9 wrecks on the way to work, and that does not include how many people were in the ditch. They don't know that you have to drive slowly and don't touch the brakes, and no matter what don’t try to turn while in a slide!!!
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 12:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

wallythacker - 2005-12-07 2:58 PM

I'll mention an urban legend to help my point. I heard from a friend of a friend that one day while emptying dumpsters at a large corporation a huge number of funny looking small purple computers tumbled from the bin into the truck. The binman picked one up, it looked in good condition, he opened it up and tried to turn it on. But nothing happened as I imagine the battery was dead or missing. So he took this one funny little computer home and the other hundreds of machines went to the landfill.

He then started asking around trying to find somebody who knew about Jornadas. Good grief. If there's any truth to this story what senior imbecile decided to ditch the corporate Jornadas? Why weren't the employees fighting tooth and nail to get one before they were trashed? Why wasn't the IT guy loading them all into his car for resale? What kind of messed up microcosm of society is that? Would *anyone* here behave that stupidly? Not a chance.

Heh, yeah nobody said corporate IT guys were in to the "reduce, reuse, recycle" mentality. Must have fanciest, fastest, bestest toyz to play wit...

Then again, you can go to the extreme in the other direction. I'm an alumni of MIT, and MIT maintains a "reuse" mailing list for MIT community members. People leave things outside their offices on campus, post a message to the list as to where to find the item, and it usually promptly disappears. Several months ago, someone posted a working DEC PDP-11 minicomputer to the reuse list. I would have probably snagged it for myself, but (a) I have no place to put a computer that is half the size of my washing machine, nor the means to lug it back to my apartment, and (b) by the time I managed to get to campus to have a look at this relic, it was gone.

Anyway, the moral of the story (if it has one) is that there are extremists on both ends here. There are the people that throw away their SIM-based cell phones three month after buying it in order to get the newest, shiniest one available. Then there are the people who will try to make use of a 30-year old minicomputer, just because they can. My guess is that most people fall in to the middle, perhaps leaning closer to one end or the other.

The real question is: How many of you plan to be using your H/PC Pro 3.0 devices in the year 2030? 2020? 2010? (Assuming they still work, of course.)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 1:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

btrimmer - 2005-12-10 10:45 PM

Heh, yeah nobody said corporate IT guys were in to the "reduce, reuse, recycle" mentality. Must have fanciest, fastest, bestest toyz to play wit...

The IT people are probably using [must I mention it?] P****t PCs...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

cmonex - 2005-12-10 9:58 PM

Yoldering - 2005-12-11 3:11 AM

You guessed it, a new case. I would also like a Velo 1.

wow have you been reading the velo discussion zone or what?

Yes, I have...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 9:37 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Great choice on the Velo 1 . If only the coating on the case on mine never pealed .
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10