x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What do CE geeks want for Xmas?

1 2 3 4
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 6:30 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

If Linux goes gold on the 720, I can see myself using it as a portable device until 2010. It's not like real data input requirements will go up in the next 5 years...teacher gives notes, write down notes. Or record them. (Might need some microphone repair though. )

Seriously, as far as an organization/note-taking device, maybe even for writing reports, the 720 is all that is necessary. It is a work 'tool', and will always be a good one. It will never be a great toy.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 8:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer - 2005-12-11 6:45 AM

The real question is: How many of you plan to be using your H/PC Pro 3.0 devices in the year 2030? 2020? 2010? (Assuming they still work, of course.)

i don't use them and do use them at this time.. but, as the only one hpc, no... not even in 2005.
in 2000, i would have been happy with a hpc pro instead of a PC. even a CE 1.0 device would have done everything for me (with a modem). so many things changed
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hmmm ... let me see ... World Peace?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 4:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Can't argue with that.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Elder

If I'm happy with my older devices now for typing and general tasks I can't see that change just because they get a bit older. Yep, I can see myself still using my hpcs far into the future.

(Disclaimer. If a 2hgz 1Gb 10hr instant on Sig III type device appears for $250 all bets are off.)

edit: With my recent bargains I don't need (nor want , with exceptions) anything now. If I had asked for the bargains I recently bought I know: 1. The buyer would have paid too much. 2. I'd probably get something close but not what I asked for.

However, there's no way I'd ask for anything more than $10 in value. I figure the kind of amusing things for myself should come from my own pocket.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-23 2:10 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 2:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I am happy with my older devices as well... My Velo and Nino serve my purposes and so will my HP 360LX when it finally comes in the mail ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 3:19 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Well, I can definitely see myself using a 200lx regularly. But thats the DOS explorer in me.

And if I get a CE 2 device (which I will, one day) I'll have something to program for.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 4:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I neither need nor want anything. I've told people as such (and have done for the last few years). I'd much rather see them give it to a charity or spend it on something they really want for themselves, something that will make them happy at a time of year when you normally avoid such things.

I guess I'm just not an especially material individual.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-12-23 8:19 PM

And if I get a CE 2 device (which I will, one day) I'll have something to program for.

I've been trying to get rid of my Phenom 120 for ages

Nick
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8