x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows start up sound on Jornada 720

Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:28 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi can anyone tell me how to make my Jornada play a sound when it starts up. I have tried assigning a sound file from within the control panel settings but it only plays once (after reset button is pressed) then stops. I would be very grateful if someone could advise on how to achieve this. Many thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 9:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The H/PC is performing the task correctly. When you use the on/off button you are not booting the H/PC, you are suspending the RAM to a low-power state, when you push on it reverses the process.

The boot up sound only operates when you truely reboot the system. In order to make it chime on suspend you would need to write a software daeomn that will monitor for the suspend wakeup flag send whenever you hit the power button, then it would chime.
 Top of the page
Alex_the_Greek
Alex_the_Greek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 10:37 AM
#
Spymaster - 2005-12-07 9:28 AM

Hi can anyone tell me how to make my Jornada play a sound when it starts up. I have tried assigning a sound file from within the control panel settings but it only plays once (after reset button is pressed) then stops. I would be very grateful if someone could advise on how to achieve this. Many thanks

Craig

Actually what you are asking for is very easy, but requires an extra program. It is called Mytools and resides in the taskbar. It is freeware and you can find it here:

http://www.micro-cheng.com/products/mytools.html

It is very handy and useful, and amongst other things, you can easily set any .wav sound to be played each time you turn on your handheld after suspension (not after reset)

HOWEVER if you ask me, it is very annoying to hear the windows start up sound every time the machine turns on after a suspension (In addition it slows down the system a little bit...). I was happy at first, but now I have deactivated this feature... Peace and quiet at last

Edited by Alex_the_Greek 2005-12-07 10:40 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That'll be a software daemon then
 Top of the page
Craig
Craig Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 9:08 AM
#
Many thanks Alex, I have managed to hold of a couple of J720s on Ebay and are setting them up for my two sons who want to be secret agents. I thought it would be cool for the machines to open up with the Bond theme or Mission Impossible.

Craig
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Would you mind adopting me?

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 9 - Executed queries : 63