x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Internal CF slot on Aero 8000

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Does anyone know if there's a limit to the CF card installed in the internal slot in the Aero 8000 (ie., 16 mb, 32 mb, etc.)? I recall reading somewhere that there is a limit of 16 mb, but I can't find the reference again and want to make sure my memory is correct.

I'm not sure if I'm going to fill the internal slot; I have a 128 mb PC card that stores all my files. My main issue is speed and dealing with large files, and I plan to upgrade the RAM to address that. Is there any compelling reason for me to install an internal CF card?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There's no limit on the the internal slot, the 16mb thing if i recall correctly was talking about power consumption (former aero 8000 owner here) ive had a 64mb card in it.......by the way just incase you didnt know i cant remember right of hand the exact type of memory, but the Aero 8000 takes up to a 64mb pc66 regular laptop memory...so dont be fooled by thses people selling special Aero 8000 upgrades...this was the only hpc ive ever heard of that took regular laptop memory
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

thcrw739 - 2005-12-08 9:51 AM

by the way just incase you didnt know i cant remember right of hand the exact type of memory, but the Aero 8000 takes up to a 64mb pc66 regular laptop memory...so dont be fooled by thses people selling special Aero 8000 upgrades...this was the only hpc ive ever heard of that took regular laptop memory

That's what I thought. I purchased a 32 mb ram upgrade a while back, and I'd like to go to 64mb. Thanks for the tip.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

So, is there any benefit to adding an internal CF card, other than increasing storage space? I have enough storage space for the time being; I need speed and capacity to handle large files more than anything else.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

From what i recall its a little faster on the reading to it because it reads it as a internal drive....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11