x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Keyboard remap by Rich works great!

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-13 9:52 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi Rich,

Just to thank you for the wonderful keyboard remap that you wrote! It works like a gem!

Now my MP790 can have the proper inverted-T arrow keys like the J720s.

Everything is fine .... .... until I tried using the jog-dial on it. Apparently, the jog-dial is mapped to the original keys, so it does not work as intended when the remap is activated.

Any chance there is a point release or service pack to resolve that?

For those of you who have an IBM X30 or similar sub-notebook that uses a trackpoint, and wish to use it like a book and not in standard notebook form, you can run a mouse hook app that I wrote previously.

http://www.geocities.com/zxswap/

This small (29kb zipped) runs on Windows and remaps the mouse cursor so that you can hold the notebook with its screen vertical, like a book. In this fashion, the screen would be on the left and the keyboard on the right.

In this orientation, another product called PivotPro by Portrait http://www.portrait.com/ allows the screen to be rotated so that the screen is upright. Everything is well, until you try to select menus etc. You see, the default cursor remapping done by PivotPro assumes that you are only rotating the screen. But in the case of the X30, the trackpoint (which is fixed in orientation) gets rotated as well. The app zxswap allows you to remap the orientation of the mouse so that up is up, down is down etc.

Have fun!

*Disclaimer* I do not endorse PivotPro or Portrait although I do think their app is pretty cool and customer service is great! Neither do they endorse or know me whatsoever.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2004-12-13 5:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I can't take credit for the Keymap program...Mike Welch wrote it...and as far as the scroll button, I'll ask him, but not until he finishes the YachtCE program he is working on. You know those programmers, get them off track and you are liable to have nothing but tons of unfinished code....

Rich
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-14 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Gee, thanks for clarifying on the ownership ... I guess then my thanks to Mike is at hand! ... Thank you Mike!

Yeah, and I agree with the part about distracting programmers ... although I find that it is quite hard to do that ... ... granted everyone have their softspot!
 Top of the page
toekneeb Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 7:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi how did you remove the keys, i have a new to me mobilepro but don't want to break it and has the scroll issue been fixed?

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

toekneeb - 2005-06-30 5:56 PM

Hi how did you remove the keys, i have a new to me mobilepro but don't want to break it and has the scroll issue been fixed?

Just use a small flat-tip (jewellery) screw-driver and pry the keys. They are like the notebook keyboards in design. Just dun do it to roughly. The catch should release. The X shape plastic piece must *not* be broken. It is what holds the keys to the board.

That should be it.

As for the scroll issue, I found that the scroll toggle seem to be issuing direct calls to the keyboard controller and not as separate special keys. So they are indistinguishable from the up/down arrow keys. In short, I did not find any ways to remap them.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 2:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just FYI to Rich and all...

I have a mobilepro 900c and use the remap program but found I needed to turn it off when using textmaker 2002 as it appears to cause keyboard lag or even misses when doing fast typing.

Not sure if there is a way to solve this, but I was sorry to put my arrow keys back where they were...

Guyturf
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 2:44 PM
#
I'm using Remap on the (now mine) 790, and my scroll button works - kind of. Pushing it up makes things scroll down a line, and pushing it in still seems to select like it's supposed to.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

corporate - 2005-07-21 12:44 PM

I'm using Remap on the (now mine) 790, and my scroll button works - kind of. Pushing it up makes things scroll down a line, and pushing it in still seems to select like it's supposed to.

Gee ... but pushing up is supposed to scroll *up* and not *down*! ... if I am not wrong, it is still mapped to the original keys which would translate to "Down" and "Right", ie

Scroll up -> Down
Scroll Down -> Right

Original keys: Left, Up, Down, Right (I think) and ? next to Shift

New mappings: Left, Down, Right, ? and Up next to Shift

Try the push down, and if I am not wrong, it should do a Right instead of Down.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10