x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What if you solved all the problems with your handheld?

quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 9:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

What if you solved all the problems with your handheld - what would you do?

What if you got your device all hooked up - with all the software and handwriting recognition and wi-fi card and ethernet card - and all the storage you could ever desire ...

What would you do then?
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 9:56 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

quiche - 2005-12-08 8:46 PM

What if you got your device all hooked up - with all the software and handwriting recognition and wi-fi card and ethernet card - and all the storage you could ever desire ...

What would you do then?

You would be dead....

I don't care what device platform it is - H/PC, P/PC, Smartphone, Apple, Unix, Linux, Windows, carrier pigeon - every device has a problem. Some are worse than others and some are OS related and some are hardware related.

Like the paperless office, the "perfect" device is urban legend.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

quiche - 2005-12-08 7:46 PM

What would you do then?

Well, our [newer] H/PCs can use ethernet and wifi cards, and handwriting recognition...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

umm, buy another brand and start over?

Seriously though, my 6651 is perfect, it does all I ask of it quite well. I have no nagging issues with it Oh wait, my batteries need replacing, but that's not a flaw/fault in the unit. It's my laziness.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Seriously though, my 6651 is perfect, it does all I ask of it quite well. I have no nagging issues with it Oh wait, my batteries need replacing, but that's not a flaw/fault in the unit. It's my laziness.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

wallythacker - 2005-12-08 10:27 PM

That's what I was thinking - start over! Or else hang my head and cry.

Seriously though - Wally - which is the better unit the Intermec 6651 or the MobilePro 790?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 11:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

wallythacker - 2005-12-08 8:29 PM

oh I know ... sell one of your 6651 ... *HINT* ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well at some point i did have my hpc all setup and didn't need anything else. i had only one hpc and was perfectly happy with it. that was the J720 right after i acquired the socket bluetooth card for it at last. then i found a J728 at a local site and then the problem was how to get it cheap by the time i got it at an acceptable price i wanted wifi too, and i encountered problems with dummy dlls (ah, mfcce)... then i found the MP900 at an irresistible price.. and with it a new level of hacking knowledge on ce.net (sometimes more complicated than with hpc2000). then i realized i wanted a sig3... and so on...
actually, i think until i got the MP900 and the ericsson mc16, i was perfectly happy with just one hpc and had no problems either, except i just had to upgrade sometimes (from psion 5mx to j720, then to j728). after these two, i realized i could make a great collection of hpc's... so that's my problem now, to find the ones on my wish list! fortunately the list gets shorter and shorter.. oh and if only i could find a 1 gb sd card for a decent price here.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 11:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-12-09 5:18 AM

wallythacker - 2005-12-08 8:29 PM

oh I know ... sell one of your 6651 ... *HINT* ...

yes.. sell one of them ... to who?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 12:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I can think of someone . . . .

wallythacker - 2005-12-08 7:29 PM

Maybe you could program the 6651 to search for and order new batteries on the Web automatically . . . .

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-09 12:34 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9