x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 7:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ok, so I'm no gamer. In fact I would go so far as to say I'm and games and certainly anti owning a console... however, I have always had a thing for Zelda. The story line, the metaphore, the whole plot concept, I just think it's one of the nicer games that's been created.

Anyway, I'm celebrating tonight as I've completed Ocarina of Time (Zelda 5) this evening, here is some proof for those of unsound faith

... and here is the end of 6 for said people

So, I thought I'd share the good news.

I've now completed

• Zelda 3: Link to the Past

• Zelda 4: Links awakening (Original and DX)

• Zelda 5: Ocarina of Time

• Zelda 6: Majoras Mask

• Zelda 7: Oracle of Ages

• Zelda 8: Oracle of Seasons

• Zelda 11: The Minish Cap

They have z12 "Twilight Princess" coming out April 2006, now that looks pretty stunning IMO.

Rumour has it, that based on the above, you can actually play as Princess Zelda in this one... well, it's about time... especially after putting up with her screaming continually in 5

Any other Zelda'ites on the forum, which ones have you completed, what are your thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I was actually having a competition with someone (a games designer) over which one of us could complete z5 first... Marvin, you lost! muhahahahaha
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 2:18 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Interesting, C:Amie..

I have not as yet played any Zelda games... One of my friends is really into it and keeps talking about 'Majora's Mask', 'Ocarina of Time', ectera...
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 6:33 AM
#
H/PC Elite

haha, I've never played Zelda, I am more of a Delta Force freak, though, I have only completed one, Land Warrior

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 7:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi, we'll have to try and remedie that

Nick, if you've only completed one of them, it become very clear what the problem is... you're spending too much time studying and not enough time gaming!

There must be someone around here who has completed at least one
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 11:26 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I LOVE the Zelda series!! Ever play BS Zelda, or any of the older gameboy ones? Seasons and Ages? They are good, too :-) Zelda and Metroid are my 2 favorite games ever!

Oh, and to add, I've beaten:
1. Leged of Zelda
4. LTTP
4. Links Awakening
5. Orc Time
7. Seasons
8. Ages
9. Four Sword (doesn't count)
10. Wind Waker
11. Minish Cap

Never got into ADV link and never owned Majora.

Edited by Pete P. 2005-12-10 11:30 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 11:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Pete P.,I have completed Ages, LA (original and DX), Seasons and the z3 rehash... can't do four swords, need a real Gameboy and some friends. I have neither

...joke... >_> <_<

I've never played WW, however I'm just not keen on the graphics in that, z12 moving back towards reaslistic will be good. Saying that if I ever find WW in my path, I will certainly get down and dirty with it.

I've got about 1/3 through LoZ, like you I found the side scrolling of AoL rather unsavoury - having been used to the gameboy mode (I started on z4 with a real gameboy when it was released)

Which has been your favourite?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 2:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2005-12-10 5:01 AM

tenjeangosi, we'll have to try and remedie that

Yes C:Amie, I agree ...
Unfortunately, the only game systems I have are PS2, GBA, and of course, PC...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 4:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Plenty of Zelda's for GBA, they re-released all the original gameboy ones and some of the NES/SNES ones onto it.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 6:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I had never been a Zelda fan, but I did buy Wind Waker some time ago. I didn't put much time in playing it, so maybe I'll give it another go ...

I also got the collectors' edition disc, which has Zelda 1, 2, OOT and MM. Then again I got too many other games to choose from.

I know they can all be emulated on PC as well, and I can get it to work (used to play Mario 64 on PC). But as HPC users we know very well how maintaining a PC sucks, and for PC gaming it sucks more, and then emulation PC gaming sucks even more... Ok I guess I got carried away.

I also have 3 gameboys; GBC, GBA SP, and GBm. But so far I got no Zelda for them; maybe in the future...

BTW, Zelda might be a good series to play on your HPC, at least the NES or GB ones using YameCE?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 7:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I completed Oracle of Seasons on the H/PC, so, I'd tend to agree.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 9:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh it sounds cool, what kind of emulator can i use for this?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2005-12-09 6:52 PM

Ok, so I'm no gamer. In fact I would go so far as to say I'm and games and certainly anti owning a console... however, I have always had a thing for Zelda. The story line, the metaphore, the whole plot concept, I just think it's one of the nicer games that's been created.

Anyway, I'm celebrating tonight as I've completed Ocarina of Time (Zelda 5) this evening, here is some proof for those of unsound faith
... and here is the end of 6 for said people
So, I thought I'd share the good news.

I've now completed

• Zelda 3: Link to the Past

• Zelda 4: Links awakening (Original and DX)

• Zelda 5: Ocarina of Time

• Zelda 6: Majoras Mask

• Zelda 7: Oracle of Ages

• Zelda 8: Oracle of Seasons

• Zelda 11: The Minish Cap

They have z12 "Twilight Princess" coming out April 2006, now that looks pretty stunning IMO.

Rumour has it, that based on the above, you can actually play as Princess Zelda in this one... well, it's about time... especially after putting up with her screaming continually in 5

Any other Zelda'ites on the forum, which ones have you completed, what are your thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I was actually having a competition with someone (a games designer) over which one of us could complete z5 first... Marvin, you lost! muhahahahaha

Sorry C:Amie, YOU ARE A GAMER!!!!!!!!!!! If you were not, all you would have completed would be Super Mario Brothers.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-12-10 10:51 PM
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hm... my favorite.....
That'd have to be the 1st Zelda on good ol 8-Bit NES.....
BS Zelda is a close second, it
s a SNES remake of the original, and very faithful considering the limits of the machine (SNES Satellite)... I do love 16 bit GFX but the original was such a thrill!

Originally, I didnt like WW, but I tried it, and it's very good!!! I'm still a fan of good 'ol 2d graphics. I had plans of trying to make a Voxel-based Zelda game, you know, when voxels were all the rage.... 8bit colors, blocky voxels, very nice looking and it'd keep the whole Retro feel of it, too! I think I may even go re-get my Voxels and try and dg up the work I did.... Maybe...

I have a copy of BS, if you'd like, it IS freeware!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 1:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie, I think I might go ahead and get this game
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 5:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2005-12-11 2:19 AM

oh it sounds cool, what kind of emulator can i use for this?

Remember that app you asked about on my apps list

Sorry C:Amie, YOU ARE A GAMER!!!!!!!!!!! If you were not, all you would have completed would be Super Mario Brothers.

Touchet!

C:Amie, I think I might go ahead and get this game

Good on you, not the most graphiclly impressive by modern standards, but a good challenge none the less. I think they've re-released several on the gameboy.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12