x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WiFi Power Save question

MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 9:20 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

When I try to connect to the internet, my signal meter breifly turns red and I get " unable to connect to server" popup window. If I immediatly click OK, and try agin, I connect with no problem. As long as I am doing something that requires constant send/recieve, my connection is good. If I stop for any matter of time, I get the same window when I do try to go to a different site/page. It almost seems like the powersave is turned on and will not shut off (It is unchecked) Can I disable it or extend the connect (sorry, I know what I mean, just don't know how to express it) time in the registry? I want to use this card, but this problem is driving me nuts.

Hardware-
J720
SMC 2632
drivers downloaded fom this site- Version 1.07.24 Can't remember which file it was though, I kept trying till one worked. After I figured it out, I hard reset and installed again.

Thanks,
Moe
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 9:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I presume you have this one:
SMC 2642W Wireless CF Type II (802.11b)

If you do, try downloading drivers from this site here
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 9:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

tenjeangosi - 2005-12-09 9:30 PM

I presume you have this one:
SMC 2642W Wireless CF Type II (802.11b)

If you do, try downloading drivers from this site here

Wow, that was a quick reply!
Actually, it is an SMC 2632 PCMCIA card, and no it is not on the HCL. It is an older card, which has an external jack layout on the circuit board. So, by getting this particular card working right:
1) we have another one for the HCL
2) I get to expirement with adding an external antenna to my card, which may give me-
3) longer range.

minus for the card though- Sucks down the battery like a hoover!!! who cares, I got 4 new cells coming!!

Moe
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 9:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, here is another quick reply

Well, I also reason with your belief that the reason why the card shuts off unless it has a constant send/recieve may be becuase of some setting in CE itself..
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 9:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

How do I go about troubleshooting the problem?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 11:32 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, that is where my expretise fades. I have never used HPC2000 or HPC Pro...
I apologize
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 12:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

MoMagnum - 2005-12-09 8:20 PM

When I try to connect to the internet, my signal meter breifly turns red and I get " unable to connect to server" popup window. If I immediatly click OK, and try agin, I connect with no problem. As long as I am doing something that requires constant send/recieve, my connection is good. If I stop for any matter of time, I get the same window when I do try to go to a different site/page. It almost seems like the powersave is turned on and will not shut off (It is unchecked) Can I disable it or extend the connect (sorry, I know what I mean, just don't know how to express it) time in the registry? I want to use this card, but this problem is driving me nuts.

Hardware-
J720
SMC 2632
drivers downloaded fom this site- Version 1.07.24 Can't remember which file it was though, I kept trying till one worked. After I figured it out, I hard reset and installed again.

Thanks,
Moe

hi, powersave mode is controlled by a registry key: HKLM\Comm\(Driver name)(Driver nuber). Inside that key, there's a dword called PSMode, which is = 1 for normal power and =2 for powersave. In this case, assuming that it's the only prism card that you have in your system the key will be
HKLM\Comm\PRISM1. To enable or disable Powersave mode, just change the Dword to the desired number (1 or 2), then eject the card and reinsert it again. If you can't find HKLM\Comm\PRISM1, try searching for another entry which relates to your hardware.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 2:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

matrixcore - 2005-12-09 10:24 PM

Hope this helps

matrixcore, Everything you post helps...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 2:49 AM
#
H/PC Elite

lol thanks...
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 7:38 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Tried that , it doesn't work either What do I need to do to figure this problem out? Should I try different driver? I like this one because it gives me profiles in the config utility. I need that so I don't need to manually enter 26digits all the time

Thanks again,
Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 8:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

it may be a problem with the driver,
powersave mode isn't supposed to do this.
i don1t have any idea right now
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 11:04 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I just tried the 3 other prism driver's I found and none of them wil even install on the Jornada. I don't know. Maybe I should just get an Aironet 350. That is plug and play with the 720 correct? Supports 128bit also? Does it give me profiles to work with? Does it work with ministumbler?

Thanks,
Moe
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you tried to install pocketpc versions then. try to install this one: http://users.freestart.hu/mtunder/PRISM.HPC300ARM.CAB

this is what i use for my prism wifi card

as for the cisco 350, no it is not plug and play, you need to install drivers, the aironet drivers in rom are for the 34xx series and anyway heavily outdated, at least that's what i heard.
it doesn't work with ministumbler, if you're lucky it will with pocketwinc, one of them worked, another 350 didn't. dunno what it depends on!
profiles and 128 bit should be no problem with the 350.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 12