x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE & HP200LX infra red communications

mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2004-12-14 4:30 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have searched a couple of different ways and not found an answer, so my apologies if it has been covered and here goes...

I own a Jornada 720 (I also have a 690, but the screen is cracked, so it's a battery charger and stylus holder). I bought an HP200LX to introduce my sons to handheld computing (and also to fend off requests for each handheld video game that shows up at WAL-Mart). I have been transfering files by placing them on a CF card and then placing the CF card in the HP200LX, but would like to use IR.

In addition, I would like to send appointment information from the 720 to the HP200LX instead of typing it in again for their appointments

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-14 5:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a Host converter here:
http://www.ccdominoes.com/hplx/

HP also have a utility, docs here

Pass on the IrDA, technically it is possible assuming someone has written an interpreter.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-15 1:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

mewiedman - 2004-12-14 2:30 PM

I have searched a couple of different ways and not found an answer, so my apologies if it has been covered and here goes...

I own a Jornada 720 (I also have a 690, but the screen is cracked, so it's a battery charger and stylus holder). I bought an HP200LX to introduce my sons to handheld computing (and also to fend off requests for each handheld video game that shows up at WAL-Mart). I have been transfering files by placing them on a CF card and then placing the CF card in the HP200LX, but would like to use IR.

In addition, I would like to send appointment information from the 720 to the HP200LX instead of typing it in again for their appointments

Any ideas?

Gee ... that's kinda nice and sweet of you ... to introduce your son to a handheld computing instead of handheld games!

My dad introduced me to electronics, resistors, diodes and transistors ... I guess its a different generation ...
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2004-12-16 9:03 PM
#
Hey dude check out the Nintendo DS its muchmore powerful than the 200LX. You should not shun your kid from using it.

PS- Hey Tilley and Clinton. Its perfectly okay for someone to speak somethign against the game market by saying that he's trying to keep his son away from them, but when I reply and suggest that his kid check it out, you delete the post.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-17 12:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Guest - 2004-12-16 7:03 PM

Hey dude check out the Nintendo DS its muchmore powerful than the 200LX. You should not shun your kid from using it.

PS- Hey Tilley and Clinton. Its perfectly okay for someone to speak somethign against the game market by saying that he's trying to keep his son away from them, but when I reply and suggest that his kid check it out, you delete the post.

ooh no ... censorship!!!!
 Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2004-12-17 11:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sure, my oldest would love to have a GameBoy advance, and is interested in the Nintendo DS. However, neither of those machines (to my knowledge) can be used to perform ALL the following functions:

e-book reader
appointment book
task manager
dual player games on one unit
write stories
astronomy program
learn how to use a spreadsheet
learn typing
stop watch

I've screened all the games I've loaded into the unit and none of them have excessive violence or sexual content that my sons are not ready for.

Finally, both my boys have asked when they can get "a computer like Daddy's" so I think they will enjoy it, despite the lack of color.

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2004-12-18 1:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

dunno if it works, but you should look for a program named EZOBEX or EZ-OBEX, i can't remember, it let's you send files via IR with any OBEX compliant device (windows/linux pc's, IR-enabled phones, other jornadas), i have it in a 680 and it works sweet, let's me beam files between the 680 and winxp laptop
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12