x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ubinetics Wireless GSM PC Card GC201

1 2
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 12:06 PM
#
Well this was pretty cool... this card transforms your hpc into e cellular phone. The GC201 is a dual-band GSM Type II PC Card, supporting voice, data, fax and SMS (no GPRS). I bought two of them from www.expansys.com ( product page ) in the price of 25 euros total cost (shipment etc included). The site includes the official mobile suite for hpc2k ( driver page ) and is said to be compatible with winphone 3.5 (which I'm gonna test pretty soon). The package includes the card, a small antenna (mc connector), a large manual (no english though ) and a hands-free set. Tested it on my jornada728 (my network is COSMOTE GR) and it worked perfectly (voice test only). Need to do more research on the sms matter and other stuff. It accepts of course AT commands, and at the link above u can find a pdf with all of them. What can I say.... just AWESOME RECOMMENDED 100%

P.S.
I'm gonna add the card at the compatibility list later,after I'm done with research. If the owners here are hasty pm me to do it ASAP.

Edited by DeathDeal 2005-12-10 12:12 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 12:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow if only it had gprs capabilities. i would get one immediately then just for fun as this price is very low 12 euros for one, and shipping included??
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

I have something like that. Its the Nokia Card Phone. You can get them for like 99p on eBay Mine came with my J720 including the drivers, which, for Windows CE were very expensive. I don't know what Nokia done about it after they stopped manufacturing though, otherwise I would publicly release the driver.

EDIT: Saying that, the HCL has it

Nick

Edited by Nick Charlton 2005-12-10 3:13 PM
 Top of the page
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2005-12-10 4:22 PM
#
cmonex - 2005-12-10 12:54 PM

wow if only it had gprs capabilities. i would get one immediately then just for fun as this price is very low 12 euros for one, and shipping included??

My mistake... the price was 50 euros for both of them including shipment. I just kept the one cause the other was for a friend, so the cost for me was 25 euros . If it had GPRS I guess everybody would buy them immediately In any case the price is low and the joy deserves it... the more I get for my 728, the better person I am

p.s.
Using Winphone the card works only as a fax. It seems Winphone thinks it's just a modem. I used version 3.5. Also tried some AT command and all went smoothly. I wonder if there is a prog to execute the commands instead of typing them at the terminal window. Anybody has any software suggestions for that kind of device?

Edited by DeathDeal 2005-12-10 4:27 PM
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 7:50 PM
#
Deathdeal,

My question is.. how comfortable was it to use the brick as a phone???
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-12-31 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Any sign of a cdma card out there?
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 2:47 AM
#
Google for Sierra Wireless Aircard 850. Sierra Wireless cards pretty much all support HPC2000 natively, and their tech brochure states HPC2000 support for the Aircard 850 is due out in Q1 2006. If its true, our HPCs can give th HTC Universals a run for their money!!
 Top of the page
Rabbit@Net
Rabbit@Net Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 6:38 AM
#
Hi guys,

I own a Fujitsu Siemens Connect2Air GSM/GPRS modem in cf format. It works fine for dialup and GPRS connections and is available through ebay sellers for about 100 Euro. It is recognized as a standard at-modem by windows ce. AT-commands are supported as well. The supported command set includes also statements for voice calls and sms send / receive / delete and much more. It has a 2,5 mm headphone plugin, which is the same as for older nokia phones like the 7650. With its buildin antenna signal is quite good, voice quality excellent.

Unfortunatly, the bundled tools support only ppc platform. Until yet, I had no success hacking them to run on my Sigmarion III. Also, easySMS doesn't work with the card, same for winphone pocket ...
Does anyone knows another good software for making voice calls or write sms?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-01 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what is the error message you get for the tools?
missing dlls? not valid CE app? what does execheck say?
 Top of the page
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 5:58 AM
#
alfabob - 2005-12-20 7:50 PM

Deathdeal,

My question is.. how comfortable was it to use the brick as a phone???

It's not comfortable.... It's jornada madness . If there was even a coffee maker to work with jornada I would absolutely buy it. I'm just in love with the machine. That makes my girlfriend worry a bit but anyways
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 6:23 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, coffee maker. Now latte maker, I'd be all over that in a minute

How about any pcmcia televison cards? It's a stretch but might provide some amusement.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-01-03 10:05 PM
#
It would look so geekily cool though to use the J7xx as a phone ala 9500!!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

alfabob - 2006-01-04 4:05 AM

It would look so geekily cool though to use the J7xx as a phone ala 9500!!

ok mine is already a phone now no voice but i don't really need that. SMS, GPRS and WLAN all work ok with the nokia d211
now lets see if it will work on cenet too, not just hpc2000. then the only one disadvantage is the pcmcia format so no gprs / sms for you, sig3
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2006-01-20 4:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

what is the difference in the battery life of your j720 when you have one of these phone cards installed, whether the gsm or cdma?
 Top of the page
oski Page Icon Posted 2006-01-29 2:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

Will be posible to use the Ubinetics to connect to the internet using a Vodafone PAYGo simcard?
Anybody succeded?
Tks

oski
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13