x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My 6651 is dead - Ouch!

RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 10:17 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

<p>Bought a 1651 just a few weeks ago (off this Forum) - to be kept as a spare; arrived excellent condition & working perfectly, so I charged up the battery & put it away in the drawer ... till today, got it out to check whether time for a re-charge. It's dead - as in: does not wake up when press 'On'/ No power light when plug in AC adaptor (checked the adaptor on the other 1651, working fine)/ Soft re-set no effect/ Full re-set no effect/ Removed & reinserted battery, no effect/ Installed new 2032 batteries, no effect/ switched over a battery from the other 1651, no effect.</p><p>Anyone any suggestions? </p>
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Elder

just the obvious here, did you try the power supply from the working 1651?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 10:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

what is an 1651? 6651???
(i can edit the thread title if needed..)

wally, maybe you could nag your friend again as to what the fix was! this problem sounds so similar to yours.
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 12:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

<p>Correction 1 - of course it's a '6651' - dunno how I could have typed '1651', I think i musta typed it before my morning coffee had kicked in!</p><p>Correction 2: I tried again the battery from the other 6651, it works fine. & putting the suspect battery in the other unit confirms the problem's the battery. So the machine is okay ('perfect', touch wood); but I do have a dud battery. </p><p>I'll contact Intermec & Sharp re replacements but have little expectation ... has anyone tried dissassembling a 6651 battery? (Seen a helpful talk-through of how to do this with a MPC battery, I think on this forum somewhere). </p>
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

yea, I figured it must be 6651.

I had someone from here PM that they rebuilt a 6651 pack with good results, but my mind is shot and I don't remember who it was. They said it was pretty easy if you took your time and were careful.

So we have another user with twin 6651s? Cool. I'd buy a third in a minute if another one surfaced in my local pawn shop for what I paid.

Glad to hear it's just the battery pack. Mine could all stand a rebuild now Perhaps in the new year when things are quieter.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 1:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

RJ99 - 2005-12-11 6:24 PM

Correction 1 - of course it's a '6651' - dunno how I could have typed '1651', I think i musta typed it before my morning coffee had kicked in!

Correction 2: I tried again the battery from the other 6651, it works fine. & putting the suspect battery in the other unit confirms the problem's the battery. So the machine is okay ('perfect', touch wood); but I do have a dud battery. 

I'll contact Intermec & Sharp re replacements but have little expectation ... has anyone tried dissassembling a 6651 battery? (Seen a helpful talk-through of how to do this with a MPC battery, I think on this forum somewhere).

hey very relieved to hear the good news!!!

rebuilding cant be a problem if you're comfortable with soldering. or ask a friend i'd recommend getting three (?) 18650's from batteryspace.com, as probably the intermec uses that cell size... but better to get this information confirmed, before ordering.. don't forget to order the tabs too (0.25$ each), you may need them.

btw would you like to have the thread title changed? this 1651 thing is so confusing
 Top of the page
RJ99
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 2:52 PM
#
Mmonex .. yes PLEASE get rid of the '1651' - it's annoying me too!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

done
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Aw c'mon. The title was interesting, a new species of hpc has surfaced, 6651 with CE 1 rom
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12