x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 11:14 AM
#
I couldn't decide what category this was, so it's off topic.

Which is better? NEC MobilePro 900 or 900c? Does either of them have active-matrix screens? Can someone help me find a link to a site that compares the two? I sort of like the 900 better, because of the Office apps(Usable, not viewers).

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i've had both 900 and 900c so i'm the right person to ask...

sorry but both have the exact same hardware. if you upgrade a 900 to ce.net, you will essentially have a 900c.

900c with ce.net has the same pocketword as hpc2000, and nec included a spreadsheet editor, only problem is it doesn't handle .xls files natively, so i use spreadce... (no planmaker yet, maybe once in the future, i'm not an excel maniac)
and the viewers are quite nice. the powerpoint viewer isn't any worse than the one for hpc2000 in my experience so far! and you get a nice image viewer and pdf viewer...
so the only drawback is the lack of pocketexcel. as for everything else, ce.net is better in terms of office!

this is my experience & persional opinion

any other questions? i'll be glad to answer them.

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-12 2:29 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 2:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC General
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 3:02 PM
#
Thank you C:Amie, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for clearing up the Office question, CmoneX. I almost forgot about 3rd party software! Also, shortly after starting this thread, I found Rich's website, HPCNEC.com. Wow. I had no idea there were so many possibilities! Kudos to Rich Hawley.

If, someday in the distant future, when I save up enough cash, I will definitely invest in a 900c. Primarily because CE.NET (4.2 i think) has better USB support than HPC2000.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 3:04 PM
#

Thanks for clearing up the Office question, CmoneX. I almost forgot about 3rd party software! Also, shortly after starting this thread, I found Rich's website, HPCNEC.com. Wow. I had no idea there were so many possibilities! Kudos to Rich Hawley.

If, someday in the distant future, when I save up enough cash, I will definitely invest in a 900c. Primarily because CE.NET (4.2 i think) has better USB support than HPC2000.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader - 2005-12-12 9:02 PM

hey even without 3rd party soft you're better off by default not counting excel .. if nec had included the same version of the bsquare spreadsheet editor as bsquare did on the bsquare phh (that one handles xls), i'd be perfectly happy without any third party stuff (ok sometimes textmaker but same case on hpc2000..)

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-12 3:58 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8