x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless access for Aero 8000

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 7:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

With the increase in free hotspots in my area, I'm thinking about getting a wireless card for my Aero, and I have a couple questions:

1. Once I have a card, will I be able to go online at any hotspot? Will Pocket IE automatically be supported, or will there be issues?

2. The Aero is sh4-based, with PC & CF card slots (no USB or SD). Are there certain types/brands of wireless cards I should look for or avoid?

I'm a wi-fi newbie (I still have dial-up at home!), so any help is appreciated.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

1. if the hotspot is completely free i can't imagine there would be problems. if it is not free you may have some on the logon page and especially with security certificates. IE4 can't do the SSL connection for one certain hotspot where i live, NF3 can... but this is not really an option on hpc pro.

2. hmm just check the HCL, anyway a normal prism card etc should be ok
 Top of the page
Stealth7771
Stealth7771 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 11:33 PM
#
Hello,

I too have a Compaq Aero 8000, and I am currrently using a Orinoco Silver 802.11b Wireless Card and it is working just fine. I have used it at several hotspots around town, and the card was very inexpensive and the drivers found on the website....

S
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the tip!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12