x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bsquare Powerhandheld GPS connection over IR?

taxi1454 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the Vodafone Bsquare (WIN CE 4.1), and I am a bit confused, how to connect a propper GPS- Receiver for the Navigation- Software like Mapsonic or Marco-Polo. If I take a WIFI-GPS, then I block the SD- Slot, for Ireland no Problem with 7 MB, but for Germany with 234 MB it is, blue tooth the same, only avialible over SIDO, USB ( so I recognized on forums) is only a slave, not working fully for devices like GSP- Reciver.
By reading some articles on E-Bay, i found the possibillity of a serial (GPS- Mouse) to infrared- Adapter. Did anyone here know, if the typically Navigation Programms will find a GPS over Infrared, or if the Infrared connection will be diverted internal to a simpe COM- Device?

Greetings, taxidirk.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i have seen CF gps units that have memory up to as much as 1 GB! if you can find the same in SDIO version, that's the perfect solution if no such sd gps exist here's another idea. you can buy a SD to CF converter (they're rare especially if you want to plug the CF in the SD slot and not the other way around, but i heard they do exist), and then plug the cf gps with the memory in that hopefully it would work...?? i'm not sure because the sd would need to be sdio then. of course a cf-pcmcia adapter works just fine, but cf-sd isn't the same.
 Top of the page
taxi1454 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 11:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for this Idea, I looked at E-Bay for such solution, but there was not such with Memory and GPS. Only for CF and no adapter SD to CF. But do you know (principially) how the IR-Solution works. Is it only for the reason of connecting of two computers or is the IR- Device system-internal a real COM. If I look in the Systen for inctance at the possibilitys for a direct internet connection, there is also the IR- connection, but only as "IR", but over USB, there is written "USB at COM 5". So I woud interested in, if the IR is also system-internal a COM. But witch?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-13 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm almost sure the system sees the IR as a com port, i can check it on my bsquare phh somehow
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 9:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

check this thread about a SDIO gps with 512 mb memory http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2762&posts=8
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12