x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC Doom & International 680e?

Jorny680e
Jorny680e Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 10:49 AM
#
I'm having a bit of trouble running HPC Doom on my Jorn 680e International.
I've already allocated the correct amount of system memory (around 15 megs), and I've correctly named the doom2.wad file, but when I start to run it, an unseen dialog box opens and closes, and I get the message i_init file not found. Can anyone shed some light on this? I've downloaded the correct version of HPC Doom (SH3), so I know it's not that, and the WAD works correctly on PC, so it's not that either.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 1:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you attempting to run it from main RAM or a CF?
 Top of the page
jorny680e
jorny680e Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 3:36 PM
#
I'm trying to run it from a PCMCIA 16MB storage card with the /storage card1/HPC Doom/ file directory
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 4:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think HPC Doom only works on the root directory or /Storage Card/. If you install HPC Doom on /Storage Card1/ it canĀ“t load files. You can try editing Storage card name with a registry editor or try using a CF.

There is a lot of information about how to install HPC Doom. You only have to follow step by step the instructions.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 4:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Run it out of main RAM, it has never; in all the times I've tried it, operated from a /Storage Card/ folder - irrespective of what the manual has to say.
 Top of the page
Jorny680e
Jorny680e Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 5:15 PM
#
I would run it in the main RAM but, alas, the 680e only has 16 MB, and I'm using the Doom2 14MB wad. I'll try renaming the storage card in Registry, thanks for suggesting. I'll get back to you with my results.
 Top of the page
Jorny680e
Jorny680e Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 5:23 PM
#
Arg!
Ok, using the Pocket Reg Editor from M$, I go into the local device settings and into the drivers tab, go to ATA settings and change from Storage Card1 to Storage Card, but it keeps resetting. Curses, Microsoft!
 Top of the page
MoMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 8:49 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

There is an awesome article about how to "name" a storage card in the support section, thanks to the powers-that-be for awesome support pages. This site is better support than any OE I ever run across.

Moe
 Top of the page
Jorny680e
Jorny680e Page Icon Posted 2005-12-14 9:00 PM
#
MoMagnum - 2005-12-14 8:49 PM

There is an awesome article about how to "name" a storage card in the support section, thanks to the powers-that-be for awesome support pages. This site is better support than any OE I ever run across.

Moe

Been there, tried that, didn't work. I tried both the sticky name and regular folder naming tutorials and both yielded "Storage Card1" names, when I just want "Storage Card".
 Top of the page
Bitman
Bitman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 2:22 AM
#
I don't remember how picky Doom is about its folder, but I have it installed in "HPC Doom" (including space) in the root of my CF card. This was done in a CF reader on my PC to avoid the slow serial link. The exe and wad are both in that dir, and it runs fine. It's even playable, though it's not fun without a mouse.

-B
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 3:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Cool! But you still gotta free up 15 MB of program memory, right? Still doesn't leave much room for anything else in RAM. If I could run everything else from the CF card, I'd try it.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-19 3:52 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 7:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried Doom Legacy?

http://home.freeuk.com/gamefreaks/pql/dlce.htm

Made by the same people as HPC Doom, but released this year using an open source loader port.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.355 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 13