x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Audio through Bluetooth Headset

Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2005-12-16 9:21 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Is it possible to listen to audio files on a Jornada 720 using a bluetooth headset. I have a socket bluetooth card in my Jornada and it would be cool to have a cordless means of listening to my MP3 files. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 8:41 PM
#
Hi,

I don't think you can connect a bluetooth headset using the Socket Connect card. It doesn't have a bluetooh headset profile.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 2:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't know of any Bluetooth implementation for HPC that supports the Bluetooth Headset profile. Most of the Bluetooth stack implementations I have seen support only the most basic profiles like DUN, serial, printer ports, etc. Even some of the best implementations only include limited support for these profiles. For instance, the Socket Bluetooth card's Obex support is extremely limited.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2005-12-27 8:37 AM

I don't know of any Bluetooth implementation for HPC that supports the Bluetooth Headset profile. Most of the Bluetooth stack implementations I have seen support only the most basic profiles like DUN, serial, printer ports, etc. Even some of the best implementations only include limited support for these profiles. For instance, the Socket Bluetooth card's Obex support is extremely limited.

what is the problem with socket bt's obex? it provides you with a nice filebrowser, i like that. maybe i don't know enough on this topic, as i rarely need obex.

widcomm is the best implementation maybe, it knows really a lot, but even it is missing some of these audio functions.. maybe not for long though.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12