x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC2000 SDK and 2002 SDK

1 2
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 10:40 AM
#
I know the bytes get there cause I have two boxes that accumulate (spelling?) the bytes, and one is supposed to get the song title.
It doesn't add on, it just adds a space and the next value, and ontime with the timer that is shooting data from the server, it gets the bytes, but the box that is supposed to contain text is empty.

Lemme just clean up some of this code and I'll put something up.
(might be awhile today, unknown spurs of last minute Christmas shopping that shoulda been done long ago need to be done )

Oh, you want this for HPC2000 or PPC2002?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 10:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hmmm ... that may be the problem. Your PPC app is supposed to be listening on a port and an event will be triggered when some data arrives at the port. The onEvent function is where you should be having your code to retrieve data. (The above is for VB)

If you are using a OnTimer ... then you are doing polling instead of event-based processing. For eVC, you should still be able to setup a call-back hook that gets called only when there is incoming data.

Let me dig out a sample for you.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 11:12 AM
#
The way I got it going is I've got a VB6 server getting the current song in iTunes every 2000 miliseconds, and sending the string to the PDA.

With the Data_Arrival event it gets the data, saves it as a string, and then should display it, but it doesn't.

No matter, I've tried a basic app that the VB6 server takes a textbox and sends that string to the PDA and I get the same results as the one that is set on a timer.

Example code still welcomed though....
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 11:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Wonder if you saw this in the HPCPro SDK ... it should still work for HPC2000 etc ... maybe with minor tweaks.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments WSock.zip (10KB - 26 downloads)
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 1:08 PM
#
Looks good, lemme grab my 720 and try it out.

Agh! Sync you Hewlt Packard device!!!

Edited by bobbarker 2005-12-22 1:11 PM
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 2:07 PM
#
Okay, after a laptop reboot to get the sync half of stuff working I changed the app for HPC2000.

I tested it out basically, and it worked great.
Then for the desktop applet I added some iTunes scripting (getting song title and what not). So then I got the Wsock Desktop and Device stuff working.
Next I got the iTunes controller for my PDA that I wrote for it working with the WSock server Snappy told me about.

So then I tested the server I wrote with the pda program I wrote. No go. But the PDA program worked earlier, so I suppose it IS the server. I'll take a look at my code and work this out.

Maybe this danged app will be done and ready for some testing by others soon
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Good! Sounds great!

If you hit any other stopper, let us know ... we'll see what we can do.

Happy Hols!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.235 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9