x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Busted J720 PC Card Slot?

bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-17 7:08 PM
#
Well my 720's PC card has not worked in about a month and a half and I'm starting to get depressed.
I've tried 1 intel 2011 that worked in it before, and 2 different WaveLAN Silver cards, all 3 worked in my laptop, but don't now. I've tried numerous driver sets (older and newer) and nothing is working.
I only tested the intel card for a bit cause I simply don't like it (doesn't work with ministumbler). The ORiNOCO card on the other hand does, so I use them.

When I put in the card, the ORiNOCO program says 'ready' but I can't pull up ministumbler and look for my SSID, nor can I scan with the program and try and select it. The activity light never blinks or flickers, but the power LED sometimes flickers which can't be good.

I'm thinking something inside might be shorting it or doing something bad, and considering there is no warrenty I might as well crack it open and just check.

Any help welcomed...my 720 is useless unless I can test my iTunes Controller

P.S. Site movin' esspecially slow for anyone else recently?
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 11:28 PM
#
Nobody?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 8