x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 2:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've been playing with my toys side by side for a few hours. I just came to the conclusion that I'm gonna' buy a 900c.

I have been browsing, moving files around by networking etc. The one thought just keeps coming up," thing thing is great!". The Mobile Pro 785(sic) is the one I feel most comfortable using. Ergonomics are just better suited to me, I guess.

I figure the 900c, with it's updated software, browser and USB functionality will better suit the way I work.

The 720 is great in size, easy to carry etc. It's screen however sucks! IMHO.
The 820 is just fun to use with the large screen, alas, the limited connectivity is a big drawback for me.

I need to access several networks and the web constantly. as I move from office to the production shop and to various offsite projects. The Dell Axim I bought is pretty much useless as real work tool.

The 900 will be used while I work on my next project, an embedded system(XP Embedded), single board computer. I'm going to set it up as a "thin client" networked to a vehicle based server.

If the computer companies don't see the need for full function, small form 'puter I'll build my own.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 3:02 AM
#
H/PC Elder

For your needs I think you chose well. Lots of arm software and a powerful cpu with a terrific keybaord. One day a 900 may land in my lap. I'm curious how they stack up against my favorite, my 6651.

edit. I've yet to find a ppc with business worthy and robust enough design to suit me. Perhaps when they wise up and clamshell the newest models with decent keyboards I'd reconsider

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-18 3:05 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 6:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-12-18 9:02 AM

For your needs I think you chose well. Lots of arm software and a powerful cpu with a terrific keybaord. One day a 900 may land in my lap. I'm curious how they stack up against my favorite, my 6651.

edit. I've yet to find a ppc with business worthy and robust enough design to suit me. Perhaps when they wise up and clamshell the newest models with decent keyboards I'd reconsider

oh, until you get your hands on a 900, i'll try to compare them... though that will be apples and oranges but i don't know yet... will probably take a few weeks to receive my 6651.

ppc: hp sometimes puts a nice screen protector on their ppc's.. that's the closest to clamshell, i'm afraid.. but if you don't mind the ppc being a phone as well, check out the htc universal... not that it has a too decent keyb.. IMO.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10