x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pjbltd Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am starting this thread to look for help to resuscitate my poor Bsquare Power Handheld.

This weekend I got a Socket 802.11b SD Wireless card for my Bsquare, and got it to work (finally) with it!

However whenever I susupended my bsquare and turned it back on later the wifi would not work and would need a soft reset to make it work.

My Bsquare therefore has had alot of Soft Resets, and I am now worried I have broke it as it will not restart at all. Only the green recharge light will light up, soft reset and the B+C+soft reset does nothing

Please Help

Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hrm, what happens if you charge it for a while, for several hours?

as the charge light is green the battery may be dead... or i don't know...

btw which driver did you use, the beta one i posted somewhere? did it work fine then? i see the readme says something about soft resetting.. but it isn't the same problem as yours..

another idea... you can remove the battery and put it back... this may help... but i don't know if that breaks the warranty label. anyway if you have a warranty for it, just send it back...
 Top of the page
pjbltd Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 10:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nothing so now i'm going to charge it down completely and leave it a couple of days and then re-attach it to power to see if it comes back to live.

I used the driver that came with the wifi card (Socket's Low Power SDIO Wireless LAN card)

No I bought it cheap off Ebay so there is no warranty

How would I remove the battery?

Is it easy to buy a replacement battery? (standard type?)

I was also worried I may have broken the reset switch as I was using a pin to press it but it still clicks when you press it

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 2:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i bought mine from ebay too and it did come with a warranty.. so you didn't buy a berlin-shop unit

dunno how to remove the battery but someone else had to do this. maybe unscrew the back of the device and so on...

doubt there's any replacement battery available... a bsquare product manager said so to one of my friends..

the reset switch... i was afraid of that myself.. when i broke the stylus tip into it... (or not into it, but i have never been able to find the tip since then)
since then i'm not using the stylus to reset it (found an excellent method, unique to me, sorry )
 Top of the page
pjbltd Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Bsquare Reborn!

My method worked, letting it fully run down and then inserting power brought it back to life and it loaded the flash and started like new.

However trying to do a restore failed saying the backup was "corrupted file" :S??? So all my stuff is lost

Actually I may have a warranty but all the boxes and other stuff except cradle is in another house
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9