x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pda and wireless card woes

BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 5:44 PM
#
Hi,

I have a jornada 680 runing win2.11, i obtained a 3com airconnect 3crwe737a-e1 (verified as working in the hcl) and i cant get it to connect to my network, ive tried 3 different sets of drivers. My router is a Linksys wrt54g B+G router and i dont know why but the card says its out of range! even when i put the card right by the router! its set as mixed operating (ive tried G only too) and it doesnt work! All the other wireless devices on my network are ok though.. So is there any help on this?

(both card leds flash) I think i might have a problem with wireless lan service area set as 101, whats the right one for the uk?

Thanks!

Frustrated user
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 6:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you sure you're not in ad hoc mode with the card? sorry if it seems a silly or too obvious question... just this out of range thing gave me the idea...
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 6:22 PM
#
how do i check that?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i do not know your card.. nor its driver.. go through the options in the config utility and you'll find it..
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-12-18 7:01 PM
#
still no dice. Any other suggestions? I REALLY want to get this up
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 8:53 AM
#
H/PC Elder

In my experience out of range has always been a mismatched WEP key. Check your WEP settings or drop WPA/WPA2 on the router down to WEP 128 bit.
 Top of the page
BxN
BxN Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 5:25 PM
#
Got it to work! It was a bad cocktail of unlocking 128bit on the card, flashing router firmware etc etc but its all good now the linksys firmware was buggy so ive got some custom stuff and hpc is now running faster too work some reason well thanks for the help anyway, i might report my findings to the hcl

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11