x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Neta 980 Lost its Mind

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Next »
pushmar
pushmar Page Icon Posted 2008-01-17 9:36 PM
#
Okay then, I soldered a serial cable on those pins, and it works @ 38400 8N1 XON/XOFF.

The following is a dump from this debug port.

OEMInitDebugSerial using SP1
Flash0 read: FF00FF [EA0003FE]
Flash0 id : 900090 [890089]
Flash1 read: FF00FF [FFFFFFFF]
Flash1 id : 900090 [890089]
Flash0 read: FF00FF [EA0003FE]
Flash1 read: FF00FF [FFFFFFFF]
Flash is 64MB
pSA111Gpio pddr B9
pSA111Gpio pdr 1
pSA111Gpio pddr B9
pSA111Gpio pdr 41
Checking to ensure we're in Power State DO
Power State DO
MQGC::SetMQMode - in D0 state now ...
MQGC::SetMQMode - SameImage
SetMQPLL 2 to 40 MHz
Enable LCD output at GC1
WaitForPowerSeqOff: waited 1 cycles
MQGC::SetMQMode done!
Missing bitmap file at block 1

Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader v1.02 for ViewSonic ViewPad 100 built Mar 26 2003
11:43:14
Copyright (c) 2002 Stellcom Technologies Inc.
NE2000 Boot Loader, Version 4.5n
Stack=8C067F9Ch
Flag 1=00000000h
Flag 1=00000000h
Year: 2003, Month: 5, Day: 9, Hour: 0, Minute: 0, second: 8
DRIVER_GLOBALS AC021000h
DRIVER_GLOBALS->misc AC021300h
DRIVER_GLOBALS->misc.webUpdateMagic AC02131Ch
Testing magic number C73D9EDFh
webUpdateMemPointer 7EFFFA6Ch
No CF Card Present, check for valid CE image in Flash
+ Boot Monitor
Prepare to Launch CE !!
Trying to find CE image in FLASH.

Auto Launch of Flash image

OEMInitDebugSerial using SP1
Windows CE Kernel for ARM Built on Feb 12 2003 at 15:37:33
ProcessorType=0b11 Revision=9
sp_abt=ffff5000 sp_irq=ffff2800 sp_undef=ffffc800
WinCE 4.1 kern_0100.exe
Initialize timer used for delays in the HAL
InitClock...
Initialize driver globals area...
Clear pending interrupts...
enabling serial port timeout interrupt (OSMR2)
OEM Init: Initializing the Registry library...
OEM Init: Registry library initialized.
Firmware Init D
Sp=ffffc7d0
IPSM Start = 0x1600000
IPSM Length= 0x0
IPSM Start = 0x1600000
IPSM Length= 0x0
PSMFSD_MountDisk: FG_Init failed! status=bc
WinCE 4.1 PCMCIA_0200_beta.dll (Xpilot's PDD & 4.1's MDD)
WinCE 4.0 Audio_0101.dll
OHCIPddInit trying to init object
OHCIPdd Init Interface Reset done +
OHCIPdd Init OHCI CreateOBject +
Scanning Installed Providers
Installing Layered Providers
Installed over Windows C
E MS Tcpip [UDP/IPv6].
Installed over Windows CE MS Tcpip [UDP/IPv6].
Installed ov
er Windows CE MS Tcpip [TCP/IPv6].
Installed over Windows CE MS Tcpip [TCP/IPv6].

Installed over Windows CE MS Tcpip [UDP/IP].
Installed over Windows CE MS Tcpip [
UDP/IP].
Installed over Windows CE MS Tcpip [TCP/IP].
Installed over Windows CE MS
Tcpip [TCP/IP].
Can't Reorder under CEPreparing To Reoder Installed Chains
WinCE
4.1 PwrButton_0101.dll
WinCE 4.1 mq200drv_0102.dll ...
WinCE 4.1 KbdMSEngUS1_0101.dll
WinCE 4.0 Touch_0400.dll
WinCE 4.1 -App- SetTime_0100.exe by Will
WinCE 4.1 -App- SetTime_0100.exe error (flag equal 1 already)
LaunchPro_0300 has executed

OKay, there it is!
 Top of the page
shoora Page Icon Posted 2008-12-09 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can not make it work. I connected serial cable like this:
DB9 pin 9 -> pin2 RxD PC pin 10 <- pin3 TxD PC pin 1 -- pin5 GND

I've tried to press hard reset - nothing happens.
It work with Heyperterm. I selected COM1 (Hayes Compatible) at speed 38400bps.

I purchased this Airpanel 100C recently on ebay. This must be early model with Windows CE 3. This OS is not very very useful this days. And I badly want to upgrade to, at lest, official CE.NET 4.1 firmware. Bootloader does not allow me to do so.

Edited by shoora 2008-12-09 1:00 PM
 Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-12-09 12:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

shoora - 2008-12-09 12:24 PM

I recently bought on ebay early model, I guess, of Airpanel 100C with Windows CE 3. Windows CE3 is not very useful this days. So, I badly want to upgrade to, at lest, official CE.NET 4.1.

What condition is the Airpanel in? I know someone who has a WinCE 4.1 Airpanel and wants to swap. Do you feel up to removing and replacing the ROM chip?

Actually, the first question is whether the ROM chips are compatible. Are they?
 Top of the page
shoora Page Icon Posted 2008-12-09 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nate the great - 2008-12-09 12:36 PM
What condition is the Airpanel in? I know someone who has a WinCE 4.1 Airpanel and wants to swap. Do you feel up to removing and replacing the ROM chip?

Actually, the first question is whether the ROM chips are compatible. Are they?

Swap 4.1 to 3.0? Pretty funny.
Panel was brand new before I used it for two days. I can tell this ROM module has 32Mb onboard and I can flash image from v096image020206.zip, which is ViewPad 100 firmware. So, problem is OLd bootloader. I afraid, it may not have recovery mode (or something).
Then I must use JTAG, which I never did before.
 Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-12-09 3:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Laugh if you want, but he is having stability issues. It's probably PEBKAC, but maybe not.

I have an Airpanel with 3.0 and love it. I prefer 3.0 over .NET.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-12-10 1:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That must be why your Airpanel has H/PC 2000, Nate - it must've been flashed with the bootloader and ROM image from a ViewPad 100.

BTW, folks, before anyone claims the thread is being hijacked, the NETA 980 and the Airpanel 100 are apparently identical twins hardware-wise.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-12-10 1:46 AM
 Top of the page
hdokes
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 10:01 PM
#
Hey there,

Pleased to see some recent comments regarding the AirPanel 100. I too purchased 3 airpanels off of ebay with specific applications in mind. I received them only to learn that they have CE 3.0 on them. I did not consider this before ordering and receiving 5 cisco aironet 350 pcmcia wireless cards to use in them as everything I read stated there were native drivers on the airpanel for this adapter. Apparently not if it has CE 3.0 as the unit does not recognize these cards. I have confirmed them functional in other devices.

So.... Can anyone confirm that the Cisco Aironet 350 card will work in this version and if so... what drivers do I use, and... as the flash card holding the CE 3.0 is easily removed... can this be flashed with CE net 4.1 which will provide me native drivers for these wireless adapters?

I am actually quite versed in CE devices and the electronics involved however I am just not aware of what is/isn't available for options on the AirPanel 100. As an electronic engineer I am also quite familiar with firmware and the flashing process as long as I know what tools/resources are required.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

Homer Dokes
 Top of the page
hdokes
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 10:43 PM
#
Well Well,

Imagine my surprise after opening the first two units and finding CE 3.0 then just now opening up the 3rd unit and finding CE .NET 4.1..... yeeeee haw!!! At least I have something to compare with now. Interesting thing to note... these were all purchased from the same source and none were ever opened.

Anyway.... ok... so... I can do some playing around here. As I expected the cisco 350 cards are seen automatically by the 4.1. Having issues establishing a connection to my wireless network however. Not sure why as no usable feedback is provided in the log. It does use WEP and 128 bit encryption however I have matched the settings in the airpanel but no go.

So... where to go from here. Am tempted to move the flash between units to see if the 3.0 units will run off the 4.1 flash. If so.... then I need to figure out how to get the 4.1 off the flash and burn it to the others.

There was a mention that 3.0 was enjoyed over 4.1.... can you provide some specifics as to why?

Will continue this thread as I make progress.
 Top of the page
hdokes
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 11:45 PM
#
Boy.... hope someone actually sees these postings....

AirPanel Observations:

Weeee.... as all specs seem to be identical between units... i.e. model number... etc. I took the plunge and swapped flash modules.... damn if the 3.0 unit actually came up on the 4.1 without any hiccup.

Initial differences... the display is much more superior under 4.1 then under 3.0. Appear to be using a higher color depth but they are much richer and appealing.

The 3.0 flash only reported 100mb of RAM even tho 128mb is installed. This was further substantiated under the memory usage are of the system properties. The 4.1 actually reports the full 128mb and was also confirmed under memory management of the system properties.

Certainly many more built in apps under the 4.1. Beginning to wonder why there was a desire to go with the 3.0 as reflected in this thread earlier.

Wireless is still an issue. I have a very sound wifi configuration within my facility... strong signal in all corners through the use of extenders. I can set up a profile with the proper SSID and it is obvious the SSID is being seen as the red 'x' goes away... but in the available networks... nothing is shown. Strange.

Even went so far as to change the modes on the AP to 802.11b only ... still no go.

Will be spending more time on this I am sure.

Ok... hope someone has some flash transfer suggestions as I think I'd really like these to run off of 4.1 at this stage of the game unless a compelling reason can be provided to stick with the 3.0.

Time for bed.
 Top of the page
shoora Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hdokes - 2008-12-15 11:45 PM

Ok... hope someone has some flash transfer suggestions as I think I'd really like these to run off of 4.1 at this stage of the game unless a compelling reason can be provided to stick with the 3.0.

Time for bed.

Now I even more tempted to switch on 4.1!
I can provide working links to Viewsonic ROM images:
Viewpad 100 Windows CE 3.0
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/drivers/v096image020206.zip
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/la/soporte/mobilewireless/superpda/viewpad100/
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/support/drivers/driver_information.cfm?product=57055&os_key=0&type_key=0&formName=product&key=17

Note: Only this image works on my device
AirPanel 100 CE.NET 4.1
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/drivers/Thin%20Client%204.1_1.1T%20006.zip
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/drivers/Communicator%204.1_1.1C%20013.zip
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/support/mobilewireless/airpanelsmartdisplays/airpanel100/
http://www.la.viewsonic.com/support/drivers/driver_information.cfm?product=56889&os_key=8&type_key=0&formName=product&key=16

You, basically, just have to reset device with CF card with image in it.
I think CE 3.0 devices come with handicapped bootloaders.

Let us know, you succeed.
 Top of the page
shoora Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hdokes - 2008-12-15 10:43 PM
Am tempted to move the flash between units to see if the 3.0 units will run off the 4.1 flash. If so.... then I need to figure out how to get the 4.1 off the flash and burn it to the others.

Can you dump flash from you 4.1 device using this tool http://hpcmonex.net/roms/simpaddumper.zip
and then upload somewhere, so I can play with it?

This tool work on my CE 3.0 device.
 Top of the page
hdokes
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 8:19 PM
#
Very cool!

With the information you have provided I have determined that the CE .NET 4.1 unit has the Communicator ROM... which... going by what the web link shows... would be the one to have give the additional apps provided.

Performing the flash upgrade now on one of the 3.0 devices.... seems to be going through the motions... however... I am now left not knowing if the process is done or what to look for to know that it is. The progress bar has moved across the bottom of the screen from left to right... but it's just sitting there now. The amber led on the right side of the panel is flashing on and off. Instructions say to give it a soft boot when it's done however I know form experience that you don't dare interrupt a flash programming session while it's in the middle of it or you'll have no flash any longer. Spose I can just sit here and wait for about 10 minutes... surely it would have to be done in that time.

Noticed that the firmware notes indicated there was a known bug that would be fixed in CE .NET 4.2. Don't spose they ever got around to making a 4.2 did they? Well ok.... waited... system was locked... had to hard boot... and it came back up in the 3.0.

Ok.... played a hunch.... sometimes a hunch pays off.... sometimes it don't... it's just a hunch... placed 3.0 on the CF flash card and stuck that in there.... damned if it didn't actually tell me it was "Programming Flash" this time. Also told me it was done and to reboot. Didn't get that on the 4.1 so you may be right about the boot loader being handicapped.

But why? ..... I mean... these are identical models... no difference in model number or specs.... what would be the point? It did burn the 3.0 properly. Unit came right back up after automatically rebooting when the CF card was pulled. Doesn't seem to be an issue regarding CF size... I have used a 128mb and a 2gb flash. Both are recognized and both can be used.... and both loaded the 3.0.

It was apparent that the unit seen the flash card when the 4.1 was on it cuz the boot process was much slower than it other wise would be. This was repeatable. There were a couple extra files with the 4.1 image.... one named eboot.nb0 and the other eboot.bin. I could find nothing that spoke of these two files or what to do with them. I tried placing them on the flash and hard booting to but no difference.

Reading back through this thread.... I see a refernece to ce .net 4.2... does it actually exist and if so how does one get it?

Ok..... thinking this out... IF the bootloader is handicapped... it has to be doing a check on the checksum of the binary file or just checking it for size.... because.... the file name is the same whether it's 4.1 or 3.0. And I am using the same CF unit that successfully programmed the 3.0 but isn't working for the 4.1. Hmmmmmm..... inquiring minds want to know.

Oh... I spose I should actually become a member of this forum since I've been doin all this postin.... let me get that taken care of......

Top of the page
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 8:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hdokes - 2008-12-15 10:43 PM

There was a mention that 3.0 was enjoyed over 4.1.... can you provide some specifics as to why?

I just happen to like 3.0 over CE. Net. But I have to say that I like the cmonex version of 4.2.

On a side note, I happen to have a broken Airpanel 100 with WinCE 3.0, and it's waiting to go back to the seller. Since I have nothing to lose I'm going to try flashing the 4.1 ROM.
 Top of the page
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 8:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ahhh... that's better. I am now a full fledged member.

Ok Nate the great.... I'll bite... how does one get a copy of the cmonex version 4.2?
 Top of the page
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-16 8:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hmmmmm... I ran the dump program... and it goes through the dump process and tells me when it is done.... but I don't get a prompt to save it... just an ok button which closes the dialog box and I'm just sitting in the program again. Any idea if it's being written somewhere automatically?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 28