x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Terminal _IrDA?

Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Is it possible to dial out of Terminal through the HPCFactor Generic Driver on COM3?

Obviously, if you set up a new connection in Remote Networking and choose Generic Infrared Modem on COM3, you can put forth an ir signal.

So far, I can not do that. Choosing Generic Infrared Modem on COM3 issues NO ir signal, neither to a cell phone nor to a PC's IR port.

What am I doing wrong?

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Jake - 2005-12-19 11:40 PM

Is it possible to dial out of Terminal through the HPCFactor Generic Driver on COM3?

Obviously, if you set up a new connection in Remote Networking and choose Generic Infrared Modem on COM3, you can put forth an ir signal.

So far, I can not do that. Choosing Generic Infrared Modem on COM3 issues NO ir signal, neither to a cell phone nor to a PC's IR port.

What am I doing wrong?

Jake

hm i can certainly talk to a cell phone over irda on hpc2000... i'll try it with CE 2
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks, Monica--because if that will work, then I think emterm will connect with other irda terminal programs to swap files.

I hope
Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-12-19 9:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I am able to get Terminal to send out an IrDA signal. So I went on to emterm (a very interesting, sophisticated Japanese terminal program) which sends out ir beams but makes no connection between the Velo and Psion.

emterm on my Jornada 720 connects fine to the Psion, go figure...

Jake

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8