x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

small success - little Keysync keyboard

quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-20 6:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

On one of my forays surfing the internet for SH4 software, I happened upon drivers for the Keysync keyboard. I downloaded them all (you never know when something will be handy). Then I went browsing on Ebay and found a very cheap Ibiz Keysync keyboard that went with the drivers - for under $10 including the shipping. So I snapped it up (no one bidded against me, I guess not many knew what it would be compatible with).

This afternoon I tried it out on my Hitachi Eplate and the keyboard worked very well. It attaches to the end of the serial cable. I also downloaded the software for SH3, so the keyboard is ready to go with my Jornada 547 too.

One of life's small successes. We so often write about the problems on these forums. It's nice those days when you find another peripheral device that works well with your handheld.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 7:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nice job quiche,

The KeySync was already in the HCL, though there is no SH4/ARM drivers in there.

I'm guessing that this is the SH4 driver you are referring to?
http://home.netcom.com/~johnmcd/techathand/

Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 9:38 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes, I have the drivers for ARM and SH4. I can donate these drivers to HPC Factor. Please let me know what to do and give me some time to find them on my CDs again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 10:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If they are different from the ones at the URL above, please by all means. I'll insert them into the driver library.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Bravo!

I enjoy hearing about "finds of the week". They make my day knowing someone else was fortunate.

edit: Who says there's no adventure left in life since we've become digitized?

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-21 3:28 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

That's right, Wally. I spend more time searching for software on the Internet than I do actually using the device. I've cruised through Russian, Chinese and Japanese sites looking for this sh4 software. Thank g-d for Google translation.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 11:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie

The link you have above - yes, those are the drivers I have and the one which worked with my SH4 Hitachi Eplate.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 8:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks quiche, they're in the HCL.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12