x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I met my first new Libretto

1 2
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 4:25 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah the Libretto's only real problem is the keyboard. The screen is a bit too dense, but that can be compensated with larger fonts. Right now I don't see them everywhere anymore, as it has disappeared from most of the stores that used to carry it when it came out. The ones that still carry it have lowered the price significantly; I saw as low as CAD$2000 including the DVD burner. With an ok CPU and not bad battery life, the Libertto is becoming quite a deal.

However I'm still recommending the Fujitsu Lifebook P1500 over Libretto, which is more MP-sized, has a touchscreen, and convertible to tablet.
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Wow! What a touching story...I am still waiting to hear the end...will Wally call her? Will there be chemistry? Will it be love at first byte? ending in blissful marriage...or maybe a nasty custody fight over the j720? Tune in next time for the next episode of..."Handy With An HP/C".....
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 11:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol, more news than just hpc news at this site.

First, I'm sorry to hear the new Libretto keyboard is like typing in cereal. Such a shame.

Secondly, I made the call, only to get an answering machine with a message in a male voice. FWIW, I left my details.

edit: Hmmm, notice the order of my items. Priority malfunction?

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-21 11:27 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 1:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, unless that male voice is a generic one for the machine/voice mail, we might be looking at someone who is looking to you as a consultant on H/PCs and related devices. (Sounds about like my love life.)
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 7:27 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Interestingly enough, I sat across table from a guy with a Fujitsu Lifebook this evening while at the month Seattle Bloggers Meetup. He has owned his for a couple of months and really likes it. It can convert easily from a tablet to a hpc and the touchscreen uses a normal plastic stylus instead of those rediculous (and expensive to replace) ones that so many tablets seem to use. He really liked it. If I was still in the market for an ultra-light PC, I would probably consider this before a OQO or Libretto. I think for my current needs/lifestyle though, a Netbook Pro is in order...
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 11:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'd have quite cheerfully swapped a 720 for a libretto u100 - you should have done that

The libretto is a superb piece of kit, admittedly let down by the keyboard. It is still top of my wish list, and now the price in the uk has dropped, it's becoming more tempting...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12