x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wifi for HP 360lx

Peter C
Peter C Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 6:33 PM
#
I just got an ancient HP 360lx off ebay, and from what I've been able to gather it should be possible to put a wifi card in the pc slot. Ii've been looking for a cf wifi card that would work but I don't think any exist that would be compatible (they're all type II, the 360 has a type I slot.) Anybody have any experience/info on this that would be helpful. I'm thinking a lucent orinoco silver card would do the trick. Where can I get the driver if I buy just the card (used on ebay, of course.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 6:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The HCL exists in the Hardware section for this reason. Have a look.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Peter C - 2005-12-22 12:33 AM

I just got an ancient HP 360lx off ebay, and from what I've been able to gather it should be possible to put a wifi card in the pc slot. Ii've been looking for a cf wifi card that would work but I don't think any exist that would be compatible (they're all type II, the 360 has a type I slot.) Anybody have any experience/info on this that would be helpful. I'm thinking a lucent orinoco silver card would do the trick. Where can I get the driver if I buy just the card (used on ebay, of course.)

i have a CF type I wlan!!! a lot of them (type I) exist ... and anyway you can use a pcmcia-cf II adapter in the pcmcia slot ..
btw this card works fine in the 360lx
it is a senao SL-2511CF, also it supports 128 bit wep, afaik the lucent silver supports only 64 bit (the gold version does support 128)
 Top of the page
Peter C
Peter C Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 1:38 PM
#
Hi again. I'm by no means a techie and this quest for wifi for my 360lx is hurting my brain. I've seen the HCL, but i'm very skeptical about finding a driver for any card I might buy-all the manufacturer's download links seem to be broken because the hardware is so out of date. I'm trying to find a card for cheaper than I paid for the unit ($40 with shipping) which means I have to go used, which means the CD that came with are usually not available. I've put in about 20 hours online researching this. Please, anybody with direct experience and or knowledge of where to download CE 2.0 compatible wlan card drivers please let me know.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 1:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

why is it no one reads the HCL usage notes.

There is a Notes & Downloads button by each and every entry in the HCL, and for a good few of the WiFi adapters listed in there, there are driver downloads - right off of the hpcfactor.com driver library.

The only exception for 2.00 compatible listed 802.11 adapters are the Cisco ones; and that is right across the board because they wont allow us to redistribute them.

Look drivers!

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 2:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Lucent (or Agere) ORiNOCO card will work fine, too (but it is a PCMCIA card and not a CF one). (The Lucent WaveLAN card is also good.) There are lots on eBay. Do check for the maker's name of the ORiNOCO card: Lucent and Agere are good; but don't get the card if it's made by Proxim (or Avaya) because those versions are newer cards that may not work.

BTW, C:Amie, I read the notes, and they're very helpful.

Edited by CE Geek 2005-12-24 2:30 PM
 Top of the page
Peter C
Peter C Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 5:37 PM
#
Yet another example of how I might have saved myself (and others) a lot of time and trouble by bothering to look at what was in front of my face. Thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Peter C - 2005-12-24 11:37 PM

Yet another example of how I might have saved myself (and others) a lot of time and trouble by bothering to look at what was in front of my face. Thanks

don't be so ashamed, no one ever notices it on their own, at least i never noticed it until C:Amie told me it was there.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 26