x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Alternatves to PocketPlan, Outlook & Calendar

alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-12-21 8:20 PM
#
Just wodnering whether there are any alternatives to the above. I suspect I would like PocketPlan though as I've used the Plan5 software with my Netbook extensively. Still, it doesn't help to ask for alternatives.

I particularly don't like the Outlook interface on our HPC. I find that the email client to be cumbersome. Calendar is not too bad, but I'd like some added functionality thrown in as well, like color coding etc. Anyone have any suggestions?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

- ceagenda (calendar, tasks)

- nPOP or Qmail3 (email clients, both are far better than the builtin email)

all of these are free (well ceagenda is "half" free..)

sooo...

btw i think the built in email client is quite comfortable to use over wlan, for example i can choose to download only the headers and then it is only a matter of a key combination to request a whole email for download.
but i hated it when i used it over gprs, it would always time out or whatever and then it was waiting 120 secs to connect to the server again for some unfathomable reason and during that i couldn't use the whole program at all... often requiring a soft reset when i wasn't patient enough. well at least it saved the emails even then ...
 Top of the page
gcraenen Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 8:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm using Pocket On-Schedule from Odyssey computing. Works fine for me and has got everything in it you want, including a more commercial/sales-approach to contacts etc.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 11:21 AM
#
Guys, thanks for the input. I'l have a look at the suggestions, hopefully I can get decent software for what I'm looking for. Merry Christmas everybody!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28