x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Applications for WinCE 4.1, thanks.

1 2
Zaroff Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 12:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Slaine - 2005-12-22 6:16 PM
P.D.: I just discovered something that has me very scared...in my PHH once in control panel, system, it says that my ram memory is 84488...shouldnt it be 128?
I dont know whats going on, maybe my PHH is dodgy?

I don't think it's dodgy, it's the same thing on my Netbook Pro. I guess CE.NET's way of dealing with memory is even more arcane than I thought... There must be some reserved space for..... God knows what.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 8:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Slaine - 2005-12-22 6:16 PM

Hi there.

Well, I didnt know about the 2 versions of dll´s....maybe thats the problem, but I just have 2 of them
Whats the address of your site? I´ll go right away

About the TCPMP, I downloaded the last version, the 0.71, and the Epson chip is selected....any other configuration detail I´m passing over?

Thanks for the info.

P.D.: I just discovered something that has me very scared...in my PHH once in control panel, system, it says that my ram memory is 84488...shouldnt it be 128?
I dont know whats going on, maybe my PHH is dodgy?

i answered you in the wifi sdio thread check it out! but let's continue the discussion here, not in that thread.

about tcpmp... tick the "no backlight keepalive", does that work eh?

the ram.. well thats the same on every bsquare. the OS reserves a lot of ram for itself when it loads from flash for the first time after a hard reset. ...or something like that
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 5:49 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi there,

does someone know anything about the memory ram problem I "could" have with my PHH? is this amount of memory the right one? I thought it was 128Mb....I need info thanks

Sorry cmonex, it looks like the forum is playing with me a lot, I post a new thread and it doesnt appear till long after thanks for your answers, u the best

And yes, I just checked that option of no backlight keepalive and now problem solved, the TCPMP is working totally fine....geez, U ARE THE WOMAN amazing, many thanks for everything

Edited by Slaine 2005-12-23 6:06 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 6:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The RAM allocation depends on the generation of your device.
There were two versions of the PHH, the reference release and one released a little later with a more beefy specification.

The original reference design is:
RAM 64 MB
Flash Memory 32 MB
Internal User Storage 8MB

The later reference design is combinational:
RAM 64 MB / 128MB
Flash Memory 32 MB / 64MB
Internal User Storage 10MB / 32MB

I don't know how to ID particular devices using the serial number or anything like that, but it's something to consider.

OEM's could have remoddled the reference design at the factory (China), so it is a bit of a art all in all.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 8:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Slaine - 2005-12-23 11:49 AM

Hi there,

does someone know anything about the memory ram problem I "could" have with my PHH? is this amount of memory the right one? I thought it was 128Mb....I need info thanks

Sorry cmonex, it looks like the forum is playing with me a lot, I post a new thread and it doesnt appear till long after thanks for your answers, u the best

And yes, I just checked that option of no backlight keepalive and now problem solved, the TCPMP is working totally fine....geez, U ARE THE WOMAN amazing, many thanks for everything

glad to hear tcpmp works now

i already answered your memory question, check my previous post again please. but in short: you have NO problem with the memory, every bsquare is like this!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 8:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-23 12:09 PM

The RAM allocation depends on the generation of your device.
There were two versions of the PHH, the reference release and one released a little later with a more beefy specification.

nah. ive seen only one version of the phh and it has 128 mb ram along with 32 mb user accessible flash ram... the OS reserves a lot of it after a hardreset (when it is saying "loading from flash"). many pocketpc's act like this. you never see the whole 64 or 128 mb in the system info, only the user accessible part of it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 9:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Argue with me all you want, but I doubt you'll be able to argue the point with bSquare's press office

http://www.geek.com/newsbeta2/geeknews/2002Sep/bpd20020918016384.htm
http://www.twomobile.com/content/100/333/C2280/

You are of course correct on the memory addressing rendering some ram space invisible on some flashrom devices.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 10:03 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

So, Could the Wibook have 64mb's of ram?

only 32mb's shows up in the system satistics
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 11:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can throw additional RAM into the WiBook didn't I read - max of 64 meg?
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 11:03 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

That was on the dreamwriter IT, the Wibook doesnt have access to the ram area...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thcrw739 - 2005-12-23 4:03 PM

So, Could the Wibook have 64mb's of ram?

only 32mb's shows up in the system satistics

it is 36 mb as far as i see.. so probably it does have 64 and as it has nand flash, obviously the other part is invisible
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-12-23 3:33 PM

Argue with me all you want, but I doubt you'll be able to argue the point with bSquare's press office

http://www.geek.com/newsbeta2/geeknews/2002Sep/bpd20020918016384.htm
http://www.twomobile.com/content/100/333/C2280/

You are of course correct on the memory addressing rendering some ram space invisible on some flashrom devices.

why are you always thinking i want to argue with you?

i had read the same information you mentioned in this thread. ages ago.

i simply meant the bsquare's selling on ebay are all 128 (well, 84) mb.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11