x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Applications for WinCE 4.1, thanks.

1 2
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 6:25 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello there.

Well, after I finally got wifi on my PHH, I´m really happy for that, thanks again cmonex I´m thinking of a couple of programs I´d like to have in my bSquare if it is possible, wich I dont know yet

The first one, a proper video player.
I´ve tried the Windows media player that comes with my PHH, but it plays the videos pretty badly, very slow and stopping all the time, dont know the reason, I´ve tried playing a bit with the configuration, the frames and all of that, but still the same, quite kak. Is there any good program to see videos in the PHH? for WinCE 4.1?

The second one, a good translator/dictionary from English to Japanese Romanji, I know, this is a tough one

Thats it, I cannot remember now any other ting I´ll be needding at the moment, maybe later I´ll remember something else

Many thanks for your info
 Top of the page
Zaroff Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 6:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I would recommend The Core Pocket Media Player (I think it's called Betaplayer by now?), it's much more evolved than WMP CE version.

As for the dictionary, I suggest you try the Ectaco Partner Dictionary. It works perfectly under CE.NET 4.2, it should work on 4.1 also.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 7:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah tcpmp, and select epson in the settings! that's the videochip in the phh
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 7:43 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, good afternoon.

Well, I downloaded both programs, the one for videos when I try to play a video it shows just a black screen, nothing else, with the WMP I can see the vido, slowly, but at least I can. I´ve been trying to change configuration settings but still the same....dont know what happens

The Dictionary I´ve downloaded the trial versions of 3 of them, none works on my PHH, the error is the software is not compatible with WinCE blah blah blah...

Any other software that you know? thanks
 Top of the page
Zaroff Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 8:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Right, I forgot to mention that you need additional software to make these run.
First, you need to download the HPC GAPI from www.wincesoft.de.
Once this is done and installed on your machine, delete the gx.dll in the TCPMP directory. It should work then.

For the dictionary, you will need to download the so-called "fake" dlls, namely, if memory serves me right, mfcce300.dll, and olece300.dll. Put those in your \Windows directory, and the thing should work.
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:13 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi there.

Well, I tried to find that dll in the TCPMP directory, but i just found 2 dll´s, common and setup_ce, none else......and I have installed GAPI already.

About the dll´s mfcce300 and olece300 I downloaded them, put them on the Windows folder, and reinstall the trial for PocketPC, still giving me the error this is not a valid application for Windows CE.....

Any other idea? thanks for your help, really appreciate it
 Top of the page
Zaroff Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Weird.... Both work "out of the box" in 4.20. I can't imagine 4.10 would be that different...

TCPMP: Stupid question, but which CAB did you install? I don't remember if I installed the xxxCE3.CAB or the xxx720_CE3.CAB. Might be worth a try to switch versions...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm, i never needed gapi to get tcpmp to work...

untick keep alive in the settings in tcpmp anyway

dictionary: not just mfcce and olece, you need aygshell and maybe other dlls too and do NOT put them in your windows directory, put them in the program's folder where the program exe is located.

btw if a native hpc2000 app won't run, download the mfc dlls from my site (the MFC redist)
you can find the same redist here on hpcfactor but maybe it is easier this way..?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Zaroff - 2005-12-22 3:27 PM

Weird.... Both work "out of the box" in 4.20. I can't imagine 4.10 would be that different...

TCPMP: Stupid question, but which CAB did you install? I don't remember if I installed the xxxCE3.CAB or the xxx720_CE3.CAB. Might be worth a try to switch versions...

ah i see these posts only now

the difference between ce 4.1 and 4.2 is that 4.2 has the aygshell.dll in rom (another version, not the pocketpc one though but it is sometimes compatible. if not then you need to hexedit and hexedit, sucks)

no need for gapi really.

the 720 cab will NOT run. it is for sigmarion 3. the plain CE3 cab will be the correct one
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Slaine - 2005-12-22 3:13 PM

Hi there.

Well, I tried to find that dll in the TCPMP directory, but i just found 2 dll´s, common and setup_ce, none else......and I have installed GAPI already.

About the dll´s mfcce300 and olece300 I downloaded them, put them on the Windows folder, and reinstall the trial for PocketPC, still giving me the error this is not a valid application for Windows CE.....

Any other idea? thanks for your help, really appreciate it

ohh if it says not valid CE app you'll need hexeditign, but i can help with that.

please run executabilitycheck (can be downloaded from my site) and select the program exe in it. copy the results here.

not sure about tcpmp, the keepalive setting may help? or doesnt it run at all? it is unclear to me.
 Top of the page
Zaroff Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2005-12-22 3:35 PM
no need for gapi really.

Really? Strange, as every time I launch TCPMP I see the GAPI initiating screen before the app opens...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 10:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it detects the presence of the gx lib, it will mount it so that you can use it if you want to. You have to select it as the primary video driver though, it isn't automatic
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 10:50 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi there,

Well, now TCPMP works, but around the middle of the video it suddenly goes blank again, at least I can see half of it, and quite fast, better than WMP.
I couldnt find any keepalive option, just one in advanced options called No backlight keepalive for video, and it is already unticked.
Other one in the player options that is called Keep playlist that I have unticked, it was ticked, maybe thats the one?
What about the half video thing? it happens the same than before, whe it went blank and I had to tip on the screen to go to the video again, but it was paused and I had to click on play and went blank again....now goes blank, I click on play and plays the video ok again....but it always stops in the middle of it.....

About the dictionary thing, I have moved the dll´s to the folder of the program, still the same error, but I just downloaded these 2, the olece and mfcce...any other one I need?

Thanks for your help...MANY THANKS

Edited by Slaine 2005-12-22 10:51 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 12:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Slaine - 2005-12-22 4:50 PM

Hi there,

Well, now TCPMP works, but around the middle of the video it suddenly goes blank again, at least I can see half of it, and quite fast, better than WMP.
I couldnt find any keepalive option, just one in advanced options called No backlight keepalive for video, and it is already unticked.
Other one in the player options that is called Keep playlist that I have unticked, it was ticked, maybe thats the one?
What about the half video thing? it happens the same than before, whe it went blank and I had to tip on the screen to go to the video again, but it was paused and I had to click on play and went blank again....now goes blank, I click on play and plays the video ok again....but it always stops in the middle of it.....

About the dictionary thing, I have moved the dll´s to the folder of the program, still the same error, but I just downloaded these 2, the olece and mfcce...any other one I need?

Thanks for your help...MANY THANKS

yes, it is the no backlight keepalive for video, hrm i may have remembered wrong, you need to tick it! i thought it was keepalive, and not "no keepalive". the point is that you don't have keepalive enabled, ok? try it this way
and don't forget to enable the epson chip!

which mfcce and olece are you talking about? there are two versions!

use the pocketpc ones from the arm.zip on my site (from the "non hexedited" dir) AND aygshell, put all of them into the program's folder and if it still doesn1t run please use execheck and report the results here to me.

the hpc version (the mfc redist) should go into windows folder.
 Top of the page
Slaine Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 12:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi there.

Well, I didnt know about the 2 versions of dll´s....maybe thats the problem, but I just have 2 of them
Whats the address of your site? I´ll go right away

About the TCPMP, I downloaded the last version, the 0.71, and the Epson chip is selected....any other configuration detail I´m passing over?

Thanks for the info.

P.D.: I just discovered something that has me very scared...in my PHH once in control panel, system, it says that my ram memory is 84488...shouldnt it be 128?
I dont know whats going on, maybe my PHH is dodgy?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9