x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Why me? I lucked out again.

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'll keep this short.

At the big box store again.....

I walked in, walked to the clearance table, picked up the open box 19" TFT LG display for $160US, walked straight to the cash, paid and came home. Total in store time, <1 minute.

It has a dead pixel (in a corner) and I needed to rig up a power supply from my spares and now I'm good to go.

The 15" I bought before is now my bedroom TV/Mobilepro monitor courtesy of my tuner/adapter/cable gadget.

Don't get me wrong. I like deals. What I don't understand is why other people pass up such bargains?

However, any more deals like I've been getting and I'll be eating cornflakes for a long time
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well ... good deal for you there! ... Happy hols!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 6:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Looked up what LG's dead picel policy is? :whistles:
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 6:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmm, why do I think i'm about to get a new in box LG to replace my open box LG?

I'm off hunt down LG's policies.....

edit. FWIW, the LG colours shift much less when the viewing angle changes than my 15". The LG *might* be OK for semi-serious photo editing.

God help me if a 21" TFT surfaces cheaply. Actually, the 19" is the largest monitor I've ever owned and I don't know what to do with all the desktop space. It has a tiny bezel and is no larger than the 15".

Oh well, my Dad would love a TFT as would his wife. I'm really hoping to find a great deal on a open box computer for my Dad's wife. She is using a 133mhz I built years ago. I missed a great deal at the Source in November. I broke my cardinal rule to buy first and rationalize it later

Maybe I'll give her my emachine and buy myself a cheap laptop. ( Awaits the cat-o-nine-tails....)

Edited by wallythacker 2005-12-22 6:50 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8