x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP780 Wireless Problems!

nktech Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 12:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey guys, Well I recently purchased a 3com Wireless Lan PC Card (Ver 2.0 3CRWE62092A) and have been trying to get it to work on my MP780. Ive tried the Compaq WL-100 drivers and some other drivers here and there but no luck! Has anyone tried this before? If so please let me know because id love to use the wireless on my 780! Thank you!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 12:35 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Did you try the 3COM drivers here?
 Top of the page
nktech Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 7:34 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yeah, i have tried those but no luck . I would expect it to work since its a 16bit wireless card, so any help would be appreciated!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 7:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There were never any CE drivers for that card at all. I doubt you will find a driver to make it work...however, you might try the CE drivers for the 3CRWE73796B card...

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-12-23 7:50 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 8:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

nktech, just because an adapter is a 16-bit card, doesn't mean with Windows CE that it'll work. Unlike the mainstream Windows driver database, the Windows CE one is microsopic. Drivers have to be written by OEM's for the specific hardware, and given the testing expense involved with embedded platforms there are just less hardware devices available.

The HCL is a good resource to use, but it is recommended that users check compatibility of any hardware device before buying.

In the event that you can source reference drivers, the A version of the card uses an poldhu chipset and the B version an Amtel chipset
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11