x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-12-25 7:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

For you 900C owners, there is a new version of GAPI at WinCESoft.com that has added support for running pocketpc applications in portrait mode.

Rich
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-26 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Thx for the news. Now it officially supports my Smartbook altho it's always worked with the Coxion Webbook setting. This GAPI supports all ARM devices (except the "unique" j820...), not just for 900C

So you still need to run Nyditot first to play games sideways, right? Not that I need to, you know with a WVGA resolution, hehe. And what's the "Pocket PC- specific DLL’s" they mentioned in the changelog? I suppose it would increase compatibility, but what games/apps actually need it?

I see Rich already dug up an old thread and confirmed a game that didn't work would now work. Good job! Are we going to see a lot more PPC games listed at your site?
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 1:56 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

This latest GAPI release may have only been a .01 version bump over the previous, but it has added substantial and much needed functionality. Not only are a dozen new devices supported, but the support for working with Nyditot now allows a huge number of PPC apps and games which would not run properly in the past due to screen orientation and offscreen user interface elements to run properly. I can confirm a number of apps that I had given up as unworkable are now happily working on my Jornada 720 (upgraded to a 728 with one of the rom boards I am selling). I am playing Snails, one of the best PPC games around on my Jornada right now!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 10:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-12-27 5:33 AM

Thx for the news. Now it officially supports my Smartbook altho it's always worked with the Coxion Webbook setting. This GAPI supports all ARM devices (except the "unique" j820...), not just for 900C

So you still need to run Nyditot first to play games sideways, right? Not that I need to, you know with a WVGA resolution, hehe. And what's the "Pocket PC- specific DLL’s" they mentioned in the changelog? I suppose it would increase compatibility, but what games/apps actually need it?

I see Rich already dug up an old thread and confirmed a game that didn't work would now work. Good job! Are we going to see a lot more PPC games listed at your site?

well, the j820 isn't 16bit, probably that's why. i also have another ARM device that isn't supported, it is 8bit too, PC ephone-II. (running core CE3, almost hpc2000.)

(the problem with 8 bit devices that wincesoft's framebuffer address finder program is compatible with 16 bit screens only and for 8 bit i'd have to know the framebuffer address on my own of course no one could find out the address for the ephone, so it cant have gapi... sigh)

ppc dll's? the same plain dummy dlls you can find on my webpage and many other sites

basically all games need aygshell. if they wont work with the ce.net 4.2 aygshell found on your smartbook (and on every other ce.net 4.2 hpc), you need to hexedit for the dummy aygshell

maybe now arvale would run, a friend of mine has a netbook pro and always wanted to run this game. (it requires portrait mode to run.. also, gapi.. now you see.. )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman, snails has always had a hpc2000 version no need for nyditot, runs fine in 640x240.
and yeah it is very nice
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well I was thinking more about j820 being the only ARM device that runs CE2 You actually have that ePhone thingy? Heh that's a cool thing, and AFAIK the first ever PDA with VGA (laptop-sized HPCs don't count as PDAs). Anyway I guess in the world of Win CE, there are always more exceptions than any one person can count (no pun intended for all you coders...)

Never heard of Arvale before. From their website it looks kinda like a Zelda type RPG. And just as I was thinking about that, I saw the title of the sequel - Arvale II Ocean of Time Anyway it seems to be a QVGA game, so why does it need portrait mode on a Netbook Pro? Isn't 600 pixels high enough for a 320 tall image?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 1:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah you all know that deep down inside you really want to play Kyles Quest
Who needs 3d

Nice cow
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

LOL, talking to the King's wife...

Oh BTW, are you saying this is a PPC game that works on ARM HPCs now?
 Top of the page
Zaroff Page Icon Posted 2005-12-27 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Actually, 3.03 is already out

* Nyditot rotated display support added for:
-Netbook Pro,
-skeye.pad SL,
-Siemens Simpad SL4,
-NEC/NTT DoCoMo Sigmarion 3
-bSquare Power Handheld
-Höft & Wessel skeye.mobile
-Vodafone Power Handheld
* Pocket PC Stub- DLL's removed

Way cool. THAT is reactivity
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 4:34 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Cmonex, I know that at one point there existed a HPC version of Snails and I would LOVE to have it. I contacted Snail's authors at one point and they were less than helpful. It seems they only want to support the most recent version of the application and not have all these old versions floating around. I offered to purchase a copy of the PPC version if they would send me the old one, but no dice. Can you hook me up?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2005-12-28 10:34 AM

Cmonex, I know that at one point there existed a HPC version of Snails and I would LOVE to have it. I contacted Snail's authors at one point and they were less than helpful. It seems they only want to support the most recent version of the application and not have all these old versions floating around. I offered to purchase a copy of the PPC version if they would send me the old one, but no dice. Can you hook me up?

i think i have the trial of the hpc version somewhere. let me dig it up. i'm sorry to hear they would not sell it to you...
i'll try to contact them, maybe i can convince them... especially if i can try that in my native language
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-28 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am a big fan of the PC game "Worms," which Snails borrows from heavily. I would love to be able to play it on my HPC without having to run Nyditot and whatnot...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-29 12:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mhm i think this is it... let me know if it works. it should be the trial hpc version..

http://csakugy2.atw.hu/snails.hpc2k_arm.zip
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11